When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this Honpo187?

Guest pamfried

Guest pamfried

Am on a trade with a member here...

He sent me this 187 and says that its the 1st generation Honpo187.

Left of all picts is his 187, the ones on the right and with strap is my actual honpo187.

Seller requests that i post these for members to verify.

Thanks.

IMG_5414.jpg

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg

Other things, his 187 quick date set button at 10 cant be pressed down like my honpo.

AR not as strong as my honpo.

Pls advise if this is indeed a 1st generation honpo187. If it really is, my sincere apologies to the seller.

Thanks.

Guest pamfried

yes i know the movt is conked out... but with the secs hands flying around wasn't something i expected....

and not mentioned by the seller was that the cg hole connected to the case is stripped....

:o

Edited by pamfried

Guest pamfried
A couple things on this one look alot like the EL 187 that I just got. Could this be one of the EL 187's as well?

Bro,

you mind posting some picts of yours?

Or send them to my email..... need to get this trade sorted out...

Seller INSISTS that its a 1st generation honpo187..

Kruzer, hope you can chim in here too......

Dluddy, this is the honpo we were talking about sometime ago..

Thanks all.

Guest nikos1978

PLEASE put more clear photo of panerai he val

and if see you will see double ar-coating which no el version have

and you will SEE THE BEST CROWN GUARD

THAT EL VERSION DOES NOT HAVE

ALSO IF PUT photo of the back

you will see the caseback whixh is the same with honspo187 case

more photo please

In truth I get confused by the pics and my Honpo (which has now been converted into a 7753) is the actual one that Eddie used for comparison purposes. As far as I know based on conversations with a Honpo person who spoke English they only authorized a run of 150 and less were made. So any case number substantially higher is at a minimum not a Honpo caseback. Also the Honpo does not, to the best of my knowledge have a depressable date setter. It is one piece and I learned it the hard way as I have to manually set my 7753 date by toggling the hands back and forth around midnight. It is all one piece. The bezel on the honpo is also substantially thicker and more detailed in the teeth area and clanks around like a tank. The bezel markers on the honpo also have no slope into the bezel. They just sit on it like separate slabs. Here are a bunch of pics to further confuse the issue. :lol:

My Honpo 7753 conversion:

7.jpg

1.jpg

Honpo 7750 versus stock 187 7753 with inferior case (and eveyrthing else):

IMGP0672.jpg

IMGP0679.jpg

IMGP0665.jpg

I just looked again at the pictures. I would guess his is a first generation Honpo. I am still trying to figure out what your is and am very jealous of the functioning date setter. Want to swap cases? :lol:

I bought both of those versions for a colleague. You're both right. Those are 2 completely different watches. Nikos sold you a 1st gen honpo. I believe paul sold sold a version of the honpo that was slightly different from eddie's. As you can tell from kruzer's pics neither one is the latest version sold by king and others, which is also available in swiss 7753.