When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who wants the 'T SWİSS T' Dial and Hand Set

panera

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-white-Base-P...Z1QQcmdZViewIte

What do you yhing Does It worthfor 1k?????

It's hard to put a value on this dial & hands but I wouldn't be surprised if no-one bids at all, due to the high starting price. This way the first bidder is in for 1K without the comfort of knowing that there's considerable interest pushing the price up to that level. It's much easier to chase the bidding up when there are a few like minded bidders, or even to 'snipe' it at 1K+, knowing that you will only end up paying marginally more than at least one other person thinks it's worth. I have the Marina version of this dial and while I prefer the base version of the black dial I think that the Marina is better in the white.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I wouldn't sped more than $200. for it even if it had a movement, case, and strap attached!!

IMNSFHO, crap like this is a living example of the "naked king" syndrome....It's a painted brass disc ferchrissakes!!... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I wouldn't sped more than $200. for it even if it had a movement, case, and strap attached!!

IMNSFHO, crap like this is a living example of the "naked king" syndrome....It's a painted brass disc ferchrissakes!!... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Painted brass it may be, but the dial is the 'soul' of the watch. Minor inaccuracies in the case are not that obvious but the dial is critical in any watch.

Check out this dial - was it not worth $299?

hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220236947656&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

That dial was a great buy and with L Swiss L it is very simple to pick up a set of hands. The more I think about the original set we are talking about the more I think the price, although high, is not that outrageous. I have paid $350-$450 for my last two sets of t-hands. If you then subtract from $1,000 you are left with $550-650 for a t-dial. I am still trying to figure out whether the dial or markers have been varnished.

And I agree with PAMman, the dial is what the eye is drawn toward first. And to the best of my knowledge there is no white rep dial which comes even close to the gen.

That dial was a great buy and with L Swiss L it is very simple to pick up a set of hands. The more I think about the original set we are talking about the more I think the price, although high, is not that outrageous. I have paid $350-$450 for my last two sets of t-hands. If you then subtract from $1,000 you are left with $550-650 for a t-dial. I am still trying to figure out whether the dial or markers have been varnished.

And I agree with PAMman, the dial is what the eye is drawn toward first. And to the best of my knowledge there is no white rep dial which comes even close to the gen.

How hard would it be to take a ten cent piece of brass and put some accurate screen printing on it...????

There are redialing contractors that can virtually duplicate any existing dial surface for "peanuts" compared to these prices...

I have had dials redone by Kirk Dial for $20.00 that are beyond any level of reproach...$1000.00 for a dial is INSANITY!!

How hard would it be to take a ten cent piece of brass and put some accurate screen printing on it...????

It must be a lot harder than it sounds because no Panerai rep dial has got it right yet. If only DSN would repond to the feedback that he has asked for then maybe we would get somewhere. If you think that you can get Panerai dials replicated accurately you will have a queue at your door (behind me).

The genuine white 'T' dials are exceptionally glossy, totally unlike the black versions.

IMHO, the white rep dials are always far inferior relative to the gen than the black. P is right on the gloss. Also the painted numbers are just so different from anything I have seen on reps. I would swear you can see brush strokes (probably unlikely) on the major dial numbers. And I have played with various lacquers and varnishes and can never achieve that sheen. Earlier black dials are far easier to replicate from a finish perspective. And we all know the tritium issue. You either need to have it or think it is crap. I love it but it is a lousy lumination material. IMHO, the first gen dial I would buy would be a white one.

IMHO, the white rep dials are always far inferior relative to the gen than the black. P is right on the gloss. Also the painted numbers are just so different from anything I have seen on reps. I would swear you can see brush strokes (probably unlikely) on the major dial numbers. And I have played with various lacquers and varnishes and can never achieve that sheen. Earlier black dials are far easier to replicate from a finish perspective. And we all know the tritium issue. You either need to have it or think it is crap. I love it but it is a lousy lumination material. IMHO, the first gen dial I would buy would be a white one.

I bought the gen L dial and I already have an unused NOS gen 003 T dial and tritium hands so I should be able to compare them properly when the L arrives. I will likely sell the T dial and reduce my total outlay on a franken.

The easiest black dial to relicate should be the 2A 'T' dial. It has a dead simple layout, has the least amount of text and if it's handlumed in a creamy tritium colour this will result in the raised 3D effect of the genuine A series dials. To produce the basic dial should be a penalty kick for anyone with access to the correct manufacturing facilities, then pass it on to one of the modders for a hand lume.