When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dsn Lume

Delboy

Hi All i am in the process of ordering a dsn watch but have not decided on which i have narrowed it down to these below

but i have a question for anybody who has a dsn the lume in pics looks pretty good but how long does it last normally

a time frame would be nice any help would be appreciated. Also could someone reccomend out the 2 below which i should go for ?

PAM 01A

PAM 005

Cheers

It really depends on your standards or expectations. DSN lume has always been a disappointment to me, albeit better then standard rep lume. In may cases the hands and dial do not match or the glow is 2nd rate. My latest purchase was in March when I bought a 172 Tantalum model from him with a blend of C1 and C3 on the sausage dial to be closer to the gen. The glow on this watch was almost non-existent and worse then any other Pam rep that I have ever purchased. This is the same experience I had with his 005 and 177. So, I have sent them all out for re-luming. I find it an irritant because better lume is one of the things that you are paying for in his watches and IMHO it just isn't worth the money. But I have no experience with his new automatics and it would be interesting to see if they are any better. If not and if lume quality is important to you, then expect to spend the extra money to get the quality you want.

Rogerwine

It really depends on your standards or expectations. DSN lume has always been a disappointment to me, albeit better then standard rep lume. In may cases the hands and dial do not match or the glow is 2nd rate. My latest purchase was in March when I bought a 172 Tantalum model from him with a blend of C1 and C3 on the sausage dial to be closer to the gen. The glow on this watch was almost non-existent and worse then any other Pam rep that I have ever purchased. This is the same experience I had with his 005 and 177. So, I have sent them all out for re-luming. I find it an irritant because better lume is one of the things that you are paying for in his watches and IMHO it just isn't worth the money. But I have no experience with his new automatics and it would be interesting to see if they are any better. If not and if lume quality is important to you, then expect to spend the extra money to get the quality you want.

Rogerwine

Thank you for all your comments really appreciated looks like i will have to take your advice and get it lumed by a pro

is there anyone in EU that offers that service ?

Cheers Del