When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Laser Engraving on back case

Zypher

Hi all,

I got idea that to make my own case back for my beloved PAM ( I hated that my 111 has H0035/2000) as every 111rep had.

And I also want to correct some of my PAM caseback. I already can do that by use laser engraving mechine :D . BUT I need the blank case back which I don't know where and how can I get it <_< . Please help me to finish my project.

Thanks

Zy

Hi all,

I got idea that to make my own case back for my beloved PAM ( I hated that my 111 has H0035/2000) as every 111rep had.

And I also want to correct some of my PAM caseback. I already can do that by use laser engraving mechine :D . BUT I need the blank case back which I don't know where and how can I get it <_< . Please help me to finish my project.

Thanks

Zy

This is a great idea, and one that many of us have had. Some answers and a couple comments:

1)blank casebacks are VERY hard to find I just bought the only good one I've seen offered on the forum in years. There are a few not-so-good ones availale, but they would certainly not be worth engraving. You'll have to have blank casebacks made by a machine shop.

2)With reps w/ clear backs and rep movments, even the best ones, it seems a waste of money to change the serial number. You're already fooling 99.9% of the people who see your watch because they don't know what gen movements look like. The .1% of the world who know what a gen movement looks like will decide yo're wearing a rep long before they see the serial #.

3)You must have a heck of a laser engraving machine to engrave 316L stainless steel to the correct depth. These machines exist to be sure, but I am under the impression they are only found in very advanced shops.

4)If you do get this done can I have one? :lol:

Hi Zypher, I am not sure where to get the 44mm casebacks, but dsn carries the 47mm blank casebacks. In fact, i am planning something similiar but using the 47mm watch. Would it be fine with you to help me doing some caseback engraving?

Guy I need to check more detail with the guy who do engraving first. If I can find blank caseback and the right font I think the idea can be done :) Thanks for both of your commends. And if it come good I will certainly share with you all :)

Guy I need to check more detail with the guy who do engraving first. If I can find blank caseback and the right font I think the idea can be done :) Thanks for both of your commends. And if it come good I will certainly share with you all :)

If you can post a pic of accurate-looking sample engraving, maybe on a piece of 316L, I'll donate 2 blank casebacks for your project.

If you can post a pic of accurate-looking sample engraving, maybe on a piece of 316L, I'll donate 2 blank casebacks for your project.

Thanks archibald, I already talk to the guy who can make it but they still need some volume and for laser engraving it a little bit more complicated than I think <_< . I try to go to see the sample on Friday. I will give more info. after I see it ( may be I will let him do sample on steel plate first:) ) Cheer!

DSN carries both 44 and 47 blank casebacks. I just ordered a couple of each from him. It would be great if the engraving can be done. Thanks for looking it up. :)

Edited by Chuan