When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For Those That Need Parts For The Eta 7753 Movement

speedy1

I have bought an ass-load of parts from www.ofrei.com in the past for various Omegas that I have had repaired. But I never thought I would hear from the man himself.

I blasted off and email on availability on a part for a 7753 ETA movemnt.

I explained that my watchsmith was having a tough time finding a 3 o'clock register chrono gear. Bob Frei called me at home to tell that the 7751 movement parts are interchangable with the 7753 but it is not widely toughted as such by ETA.

He also stated that one can use the the ETA 7751 OIL CHART on his website to get the proper part number for the parts one would need to order.

But be aware that there is a $15 fee for him to check if he has a part is stock (if you are not ordering)

So for you other watchsmiths out there, I hope this is useful information.

Now THAT is what I call customer service.

Edited by speedy1

I have bought an ass-load of parts from www.ofrei.com in the past for various Omegas that I have had repaired. But I never thought I would hear from the man himself.

I blasted off and email on availability on a part for a 7753 ETA movemnt.

I explained that my watchsmith was having a tough time finding a 3 o'clock register chrono gear. Bob Frei called me at home to tell that the 7751 movement parts are interchangable with the 7753 but it is not widely toughted as such by ETA.

He also stated that one can use the the ETA 7751 OIL CHART on his website to get the proper part number for the parts one would need to order.

But be aware that there is a $15 fee for him to check if he has a part is stock (if you are not ordering)

So for you other watchsmiths out there, I hope this is useful information.

Now THAT is what I call customer service.

You can download a complete lube and parts chart for the 7750/7753 and most other mechanical movts direct from ETA's website in PDF. When ordering parts it is essential to quote the movt number then the part number as all similar parts have the same part number ie a datewheel is part # 2557 wether it's a 2893 or 7753.

You can download a complete lube and parts chart for the 7750/7753 and most other mechanical movts direct from ETA's website in PDF. When ordering parts it is essential to quote the movt number then the part number as all similar parts have the same part number ie a datewheel is part # 2557 wether it's a 2893 or 7753.

I'm struggling to find these PDFs :g:

Interesting that the 7753/2893 datewheel is the same. I'm just wondering which movements use the same datewheel as the 7750....

Edit - found them. 2557/1!! Same datewheel as used on 2824/92.

Edited by r11co

I'm struggling to find these PDFs :g:

Interesting that the 7753/2893 datewheel is the same. I'm just wondering which movements use the same datewheel as the 7750....

Edit - found them. 2557/1!! Same datewheel as used on 2824/92.

The 7753 and 2893 are not the same at all. You have misunderstood what I said - all the datewheels have the same part number no matter what the movt - but that does not mean they are the same parts. It is essential when ordering to quote the movt number in front of the part number to identify the correct part. Interestingly there are 2 different datewheels for the 2893 and they both have the same part numbers although one of them (which is the ones in our 2893's) is shared by another movt but I can't remember which one.

Thanks for that heads up Finepics. That is a VERY good ting to know.

I have since been told that bob is bit of a pain in the ass to deal with n matter such as this so I may have posted in haste

The 7753 and 2893 are not the same at all. You have misunderstood what I said - all the datewheels have the same part number no matter what the movt - but that does not mean they are the same parts.

Talk about confusing :blink:

I have figure out that the 28xx series all use essentially the same datewheel design though, but that's not much help...

Talk about confusing :blink:

I have figure out that the 28xx series all use essentially the same datewheel design though, but that's not much help...

No they don't - the power reserves use a 2892-A2 movt and that wheel is different from the 2893 wheel as I have just discovered. Anyone getting one of these wheels from me (for PAM 27/28) please read the 2893 datewheel post.