When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help me pick one PAM, please.....

yim156

Hi all.

I am now looking for new PAM for myself but, well, the budget is limited. :wounded1: BADLY LIMITED.

I just spent a lot on cables, which ate all the money for watch, so the budget is badly lowed.

Well, let say the budget is under $200 --. Which one would be the most accurate PAM under this price?

If I may, I would like to have

- PAM with solid case back.

- Sandwich dial.

- Hand-winding movement.

- SS case without PVD

- Very please to have it new.

- Please recommend the source.

Thank you.

Check Joshua or Andrew, correct prices, nice quality, very reliable dealers! Both highly recomended!

But I strongly recommend to decide between closed caseback and sandwich dial, there is no gen Pam that has both so if you find this on a rep its a fantasy watch.

Edited by Fish

Check Joshua or Andrew, correct prices, nice quality, very reliable dealers! Both highly recomended!

But I strongly recommend to decide between closed caseback and sandwich dial, there is no gen Pam that has both so if you find this on a rep its a fantasy watch.

@Fish :: Wow, is it really not exist?

So please take the sandwich dial out of the spec .

Thank you for help.

@fitmic :: Thank you.

BTW, I visited Josh site and found PAM < $110 with totally wrong movement but it interested me as it has solid caseback.

Here it is.

If I really interested in the look on the upper side, Will it be my good choice? Or I should go for something else?

- Wrong movement, do not care.

- Straps will be changed later.

- AR, do not care.

- Caseback is solid. Detail, do not care.

- but from the pics, it has cannon pin fixes though !!

Thank you.

Edited by yim156

@Fish :: Wow, is it really not exist?

So please take the sandwich dial out of the spec .

Thank you for help.

@fitmic :: Thank you.

BTW, I visited Josh site and found PAM < $110 with totally wrong movement but it interested me as it has solid caseback.

Here it is.

If I really interested in the look on the upper side, Will it be my good choice? Or I should go for something else?

- Wrong movement, do not care.

- Straps will be changed later.

- AR, do not care.

- Caseback is solid. Detail, do not care.

- but from the pics, it has cannon pin fixes though !!

Thank you.

With the automatic movement it does not need a cannon pin fixas the dimensions of the canon pin is different from a basic 6497. The hands wont fit on a 6497 movement. Maybe you can ask Joshua if that case would take a 6497 movement as well if you use a different crown, just in case you want to upgrade it later.

Everything else is just fine for a budget version. The lever is not completely locked on the picture, but i think it will be possible.

However, I would prefer to pay a few bucks more and chose a Unitas6497-type movement, no matter if asian or swiss.

Edited by Fish

that pam from PC (josh) has mineral glass. try Narikaa for his newest 292 (one on the left in the pic). has correct "2" and matted PVD finish to look like gen ceramic. very convincing except for the lowish cannon pin which can be swapped for cheap. plus, this watch has Sapphire with AR (the ad says). If you get it relumed and fix the cannon pin, this may be the best Panerai rep in existence. He wants 85 GBP for it (about $160 U.S.) http://www.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewt...=17&t=39645

With the automatic movement it does not need a cannon pin fixas the dimensions of the canon pin is different from a basic 6497. The hands wont fit on a 6497 movement. Maybe you can ask Joshua if that case would take a 6497 movement as well if you use a different crown, just in case you want to upgrade it later.

Everything else is just fine for a budget version. The lever is not completely locked on the picture, but i think it will be possible.

However, I would prefer to pay a few bucks more and chose a Unitas6497-type movement, no matter if asian or swiss.