When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Searching for good PAM for first project

ATEspo

I am looking for a good base to start my FIRST project. I want it to be a PAM111 I think because I saw the newest review on the 111, and searched around for a similar 111 from the vendors. I am just confused on which to go with to start some mods and if this is even a good model to start with.

Here are the two I came u with, I really like the sandwich dial, but I like the G series a little better.

PAM111G Marina Luminor G series swan neck Swiss 6497

PAM111H Luminor Marina - Swiss Unitas - Swan Neck

ALso, if I do buy an unmoded PAM, I will need some help finding someone who can mod it and what mods are available for the model I buy.

PS: I have a chance to buy a pre-moded 112 (asian 6497 and sapphire crystal with a single sided blueish AR coating, recesed cannon pin fixed and superlumed by The Zigmeister). Should I just maybe think about that instead of a unmoded 111? This is going to be my first PAM and I want it to be a goodie!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone in advance!

I am looking for a good base to start my FIRST project. I want it to be a PAM111 I think because I saw the newest review on the 111, and searched around for a similar 111 from the vendors. I am just confused on which to go with to start some mods and if this is even a good model to start with.

Here are the two I came u with, I really like the sandwich dial, but I like the G series a little better.

PAM111G Marina Luminor G series swan neck Swiss 6497

PAM111H Luminor Marina - Swiss Unitas - Swan Neck

ALso, if I do buy an unmoded PAM, I will need some help finding someone who can mod it and what mods are available for the model I buy.

PS: I have a chance to buy a pre-moded 112 (asian 6497 and sapphire crystal with a single sided blueish AR coating, recesed cannon pin fixed and superlumed by The Zigmeister). Should I just maybe think about that instead of a unmoded 111? This is going to be my first PAM and I want it to be a goodie!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks everyone in advance!

HI

I like the same PAM111G Marina Luminor G series swan neck Swiss 6497 but abit confused from who to buy do you have any recomendation? It has to be the Unitas clockwork no asian.

/N

Well, the two new 111 watches are Marinas (with second hand) while the 112 is a Luminor (Base w/o seconds hand) so they are different looking watches. I prefer Luminor models, but I have several of each. The 112 sounds pretty moded saving you the work, time, and/or money. Best of luck.

HI

I like the same PAM111G Marina Luminor G series swan neck Swiss 6497 but abit confused from who to buy do you have any recomendation? It has to be the Unitas clockwork no asian.

/N

I have ordered from both Josh (perfect clones) and Andrew (trusty time), they are both very good. I am just trying to get some input on which to go with, not WHO to order off of.

Well, the two new 111 watches are Marinas (with second hand) while the 112 is a Luminor (Base w/o seconds hand) so they are different looking watches. I prefer Luminor models, but I have several of each. The 112 sounds pretty moded saving you the work, time, and/or money. Best of luck.

I heard they are going to discontinue the Swiss Unitas G movement, is that true? That is one of my main reasons I was going to buy a 111 with the unitas G movement.

Also, the 112 I have a chance to buy is an Asian movement, I think I prefer a Swiss movement.

I just dont know which to go with. I guess it is going to be personal preference.

Who does good mods on PAMs and are some moding options (other than superlume)

Edited by ATEspo

The 111G in Andrew's ad is NOT using a Swiss movement, FYI. AFAIK, the E/F/G series Swiss movements are gone, full stop. Even the Asian E series movements are scarce. I'd check with Andrew about the availability of this watch, he's a bit infamous for not updating his website when things go out of stock...

The 111G in Andrew's ad is NOT using a Swiss movement, FYI. AFAIK, the E/F/G series Swiss movements are gone, full stop. Even the Asian E series movements are scarce. I'd check with Andrew about the availability of this watch, he's a bit infamous for not updating his website when things go out of stock...

SO I guess Im going to have to find one used then? Figures, its never an easy task!

Okay, next question, if I plan on keeping whatever I buy for awhile and wearing it 2-4 days a week should I look for a SWISS or ASIAN movement or does it matter. And where can I find a SWISS PAM?

What mods should I look to do first, LUME and AR? I want to gain some knowledge as well as build a very good REP.

Thanks again in advance!