When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I can't make my mind up!

czammett

I've been browsing here for a few days and have decided upon a Panerai. Thing is, I can't decide which one to get!

As the advice seems to go, I've pretty much chosen my dealer (PT - hope it's ok to say so), I am in the UK, so think this is good choice

The thing is, I can't decide which one to go for, there are so many to choose from!

At the moment I am thinking:

Luminor Marina H Series

Panerai Luminor Marina

Luminor Marina Militare Titanium

Luminor GMT Titanium

Are the first two the same?

Has anyone any advice regarding the reliability of these? or just general advice as to which the best might be? Or is it purely a matter of taste?

thanks!

I've been browsing here for a few days and have decided upon a Panerai. Thing is, I can't decide which one to get!

As the advice seems to go, I've pretty much chosen my dealer (PT - hope it's ok to say so), I am in the UK, so think this is good choice

The thing is, I can't decide which one to go for, there are so many to choose from!

At the moment I am thinking:

Luminor Marina H Series

Panerai Luminor Marina

Luminor Marina Militare Titanium

Luminor GMT Titanium

Are the first two the same?

Has anyone any advice regarding the reliability of these? or just general advice as to which the best might be? Or is it purely a matter of taste?

thanks!

Hi,

There are 2 types of dial for luminor marina models (with a running second at 9 o'clock). One has the sausage dial (PAM001A,B, PAM111E, F) and the other has a sandwiched dial (PAM111H).

Sausage dial has 2 types of caseback. Closed and see-thru type. A and B series for the closed caseback and E and F series for the see-thru caseback. For the see thru caseback, it is easily recognise as the word "Panerai" is engraved multiple times on the bridge on the movt.

Sandwiched dial on has see-thru type caseback but usually start from H series onwards. The bridge has a more simple and cleaner look.

Both are handwind movt watch.

For better accuracy, I will prefer sausage dial model with closed caseback. (Angus is selling the ultimate PAM111E series. you may like to check it out)

Hope this help