When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 7750 (high beat)

AMK000

Hi Guys

I just received a watch (second hand) with valjoux 7750.

Everything OK ..... but that date has stacked and does not turn (neither on position 1 nor on position 2 of the crown) ....and yes I was cautious not to try it within the "prohibited" period and of course didn't forced it.

The Day though changes normally. Movement seems to run OK too.

So here are my questions:

- Does it sound like a easy fix ??? and if yes do you know anybody in EU that can do it for me ??? (paid of course)

- If I let the watch running ... could this damage the movement when date / day was meant to change (midnight) ???

Please do not take this the wrong way, but are you sure you are turning the crown in the correct direction for the date change? Turn it the wrong way, & it will act 'broken'. Alot of people make that mistake & I have done it myself.

If that is not the case, it could be that the date wheel has dislodged itself from the track so the changer is missing the notch on the wheel. That would be the easy fix once you remove the hands & dial. If that is not the problem, it may take a bit more detective work to locate the problem.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but are you sure you are turning the crown in the correct direction for the date change? Turn it the wrong way, & it will act 'broken'. Alot of people make that mistake & I have done it myself.

If that is not the case, it could be that the date wheel has dislodged itself from the track so the changer is missing the notch on the wheel. That would be the easy fix once you remove the hands & dial. If that is not the problem, it may take a bit more detective work to locate the problem.

Thanks Freddy and no prob.

Im doing this OK. Anticlock the day , clock wise the date.

Most propably is what you are saying (date wheel has dislodged itself from the track).

Day is changing OK and watch is running godd.

Removing dial and hands to fixd it is not something that I ever did before . :( .... and I am not going to try it on this one.