When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

disassembly of crown guard

poopypants

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have divoted a pin using that exact tool... the pin used to push out the cg pin is too small and pointed. That and I think the metal in the cg pins is REALLY soft.

It didnt make alot of difference, because I sanded it down flush after putting it back in anyway... but if you dont intend to do that, this is a consideration.

I have divoted a pin using that exact tool... the pin used to push out the cg pin is too small and pointed. That and I think the metal in the cg pins is REALLY soft.

It didnt make alot of difference, because I sanded it down flush after putting it back in anyway... but if you dont intend to do that, this is a consideration.

I did this too. Then I started using a toothpick. That worked great.

Do you push it out from the bottom of the CG up, or from the top of the CG down? Or does it matter?

It does matter. Most pins come with an end larger than the other end.

If one pin end / hole looks smaller than the other one, push from that end.

Else push gently from the CG down. If the pin does not move at all, then try gently as well from the CG up. If it does not move yet, then push again from the down by applying a little more pressure, and so on. Odds are that the pin will come out from down to up, but not necessarily.

It does matter. Most pins come with an end larger than the other end.

If one pin end / hole looks smaller than the other one, push from that end.

Else push gently from the CG down. If the pin does not move at all, then try gently as well from the CG up. If it does not move yet, then push again from the down by applying a little more pressure, and so on. Odds are that the pin will come out from down to up, but not necessarily.

Thank you Sir.