When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Franken SA

Iggyg00

Hello,

I found this site about a week ago and started to look at breitling Rep. After a couple of days I went to a jeweler in the area and looked at both the SA with a blue dial and a Bentley GT with a black/pearl dial. Finally after pondering the price between a rep and gen I figured if I can save several thousand dollars and have the same movement etc why not.

I started to look around at rep vendors of the SA and places to get gen parts. After not being able to source the actual watch from a vendor on the site I started to look at other sources and found Discovery110. I bought everything from him since he is local and it eliminates customs or shipping. The following is what I received:

-Replica watch with asian movement, Pro 1 bracelet, black dial, and Double AR coating

- Gen Blue dial

- Gen bezel

- swiss eta 7750 movement

After getting all the parts last night I was chomping at the bit to put it together (WHAT A TASK THIS WAS, BUT I HAD FUN).

mind you I have never put a watch together before and all I had for information was reading the site and threads on how to remove dials, hands, and to swap out an Asian ETA 7750 to a Swiss ETA 7750.

So first I had to press the crystal into the case, this took several tries with the crystal press from harbor freight but it worked and seated all the way. After this I was going to put in the Asian movement with the Black rep dial until I was comfotable with swapping out to the swiss movement ( well that didnt happen after putting it in the case the movement would not work).

So 10pm what do I do, start removing parts and putting the gen parts on because I spent all this money and want to wear this watch :D .

So long story short 2:30 AM watch is complete and working and I didnt even have a hand puller (used needle nose tweezers and went very slow) - not for the faint of heart.

Good thing though is know I can mess around with the asian movement and see if I can get it working again.

I just want to say thank you for this great site and look forward to adding to my collection.

I will try and get pics up later today if I can find my camera.

Iggy