When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Step by Step Disassembly of the SMP

Kahn

I've searched and searched, but i cannot find a pictorial guide or description of the disassembly of the SMP. I'd like to remove the crystal from my closed factory and send it off to chieftang for AR, but i cant find any guide dealing strictly with the SMP although I have found many great articles with awesome pics for the Rollies from the bezel, crown, all the way down to replacing the dial and hands. I know you will probably suggest doing this with novice skillsets would be foolish.....but i am hardheaded. One way or another, i will....just looking for guidence!

Removing is not the problem getting it back in is! there must be a load of tutorials on how to de case the movement but you need a press to get the crystal back in correctly.

I cant find one dealing specificlly withe the SMP do you know of one you could point me to?.....and OK - so i buy a press....cant be that expensive, huh?

i am sure it is not that hard or expencive, but if you are looking for a tutorial for a specific watch it seams that you may have never done any thing like this before, try getting a couple of cheep or broken watches to play with first to get used to taking things apart, rather than ruin a good watch. oh and some good tools are important

i am sure it is not that hard or expencive, but if you are looking for a tutorial for a specific watch it seams that you may have never done any thing like this before, try getting a couple of cheep or broken watches to play with first to get used to taking things apart, rather than ruin a good watch. oh and some good tools are important

I have disassembled and reassembled a Rollie Sub no sweat....but that EXACTLY my point. It was cheap, inexpensive and i had nothing to loose. With my SMP, its not cheap and i really do like it, so i'd rather nor screw it up by not using the correct tools or more importantly the CORRECT method of disassembly. Its kinda like sayin - OK go look at that lawnmower, take it apart, put it back together and then go do the same to a Corvette engine...not really the same. Even though I am Master ASE Certified and I can put that vette together, but i prefer to have a "manual" or at least a guide to go by.