When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Few Questions... Please Help!

craigrhyne

Hello,

After doing a little research here on the forums, I have decided to take a closer look at the following three watches:

1. The 2008 MBK TT Rolex Sub (With Gen ETA Movement)

2. The Noob TT Rolex Sub

3. The Breitling BSW0048D Bently 6.75 BIG DATE- SS Blue SSB with the the Asia 7750 Movement

What kind of build quality can I expect from these watches? Ie: Can I expect to wear any of these 3 watches for the next 5-10 years without servicing? (I plan to purchase from eurotimez, so it appears all of their watches com "pre-serviced".) Are these watches waterproof? Can they be worn regularly to shower, wash hands, and/or swim? In my lurking around on the forums, I have come to the conclusion that I am slightly less concerned with the watch being a perfect replication, and more interested in purchasing a quality watch.

Thank you in advance,

Craig

Hello and welcome to the forum!

All of the watches advertized here are more or less are built at a very good quality level. The finishings on the MBK are legendary here in the rep world, and they are well known for that. The noob subs (and other models) are also known for their very good quality. I don't know much about the Breitling model you mentioned, but I'm sure Breitling enthusiasts will point out that they're also made well.

Regarding water proofness, I have worn most of my watches in the shower and none of them have steamed up. Most watches are sufficiently waterproofed straight from the factory, enough for showering any way in my case. I've never worn a chronograph watch in the shower however and I'm not sure if its recommended due to the pushers, maybe other members here can elaborate on that.

In terms of build, most watches if taken care of will last for many years, as they're built just as well as regular gens you can buy from outlets. Movement wise its a hit or miss, theres a huge issue now on whether or not movements advertized as ETA are actually ETA or clones, and we have yet to find out how good these clones are.

Ie: Can I expect to wear any of these 3 watches for the next 5-10 years without servicing?

Just a small note about servicing... As these watches, even though they are replicas, are using an automatic movement in some form or another, they will require some kind of maintenance. I can't quote you on the exact interval that the watch should be looked at, but there are many posts out there that talk about what to expect in terms of usage and servicing. These watches will need a check-up now and again, lubrication, check seals and so on. No watch, gen or rep will last forever without some kind of TLC...

Just something to keep in mind.