When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

cyclops removal

So I took my PAM063 to my watchmaker to do a lello dw swap and a cyclops swap. The datewheel went in after some modification. Apparently it was bent and too thick. The cyclops though was another story. We tried torching it to melt the glue that held it in but it would not budge. Torched it again to the point that the glass was about to turn red. No luck. So basically had to leave it in there for now. Any ideas on what else to try?

So I took my PAM063 to my watchmaker to do a lello dw swap and a cyclops swap. The datewheel went in after some modification. Apparently it was bent and too thick. The cyclops though was another story. We tried torching it to melt the glue that held it in but it would not budge. Torched it again to the point that the glass was about to turn red. No luck. So basically had to leave it in there for now. Any ideas on what else to try?

Isn't the 063 a sanwich dial cyclops.. meaning the cyclops is embedded between a sapphire and a mineral crystal .. ?? if this is the case you are not going to be able to swap mags even if you do get the crystals apart..

I could be wrong.. but I thought it was a sanwich ??

That could explain it, but I'm not sure that's the case lan. At least it didn't appear to be.

Look at this The Zigmeister tutorial

Although I think the cyclops itself is mineral.

Isn't the 063 a sanwich dial cyclops.. meaning the cyclops is embedded between a sapphire and a mineral crystal .. ?? if this is the case you are not going to be able to swap mags even if you do get the crystals apart..

I could be wrong.. but I thought it was a sanwich ??

Yea, i want to try again, but am waiting to hear if there are any other good solutions, like maybe a chemical solution. Here is what it looks like now.

IMG_0544.jpg

But under the light, they cyclops looks cloudy. I don't think it is sapphire so it might have gotten damaged during the removal process.

IMG_0546.jpg