When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beatles Reps

archibald

Well, that was interesting. Took my 13 year old, beatles fanatic daughter to see the current cast of Beatlemania! play. I believe they're on an extended tour to promote the reopening of the show According to the program they scoured the US/Canada/and England for beatles look/sound alikes and these guys were the best but, here is my unbiased review (I was not paid, given a free ticket, or fed anny juicy info) in case they're coming to your town.

Paul: Scary close. Definite Super Rep. Sounded about 98%, looked about 94%, played bass about 90% which means the dude can play. Did almost all of the between song banter, and did it beleivably. (I purposely got seats pretty far back to help suspend dispbelief even though the the show was nowhere near sold out and I actually was able to imagine what it would have been like to see the Beatles when he did "yesterday." Really has to be seen to be believed.

John. Very near to Super rep quality, but no "Paul" Voice was about 95%, looked about 88% but was clearly not an experienced guitar player, maybe 80% of Lennon. (I noticed "George" played both the Harrisson and Lennon solos in "The End."

"Ringo:" Looked just like him, say 96% with what had to be a prosthetic nose, and had the Ringo arm/wrist thing down. Drumming was solid also. Along w/ "george" he only sang one song "WALHFMF" and it sounded something like Ringo. Then again almost every drunk at the local Karaoke bar sounds something like Ringo.

"George:" Clearly hired for his guitar playing which was almost unbelievably accurate. I'm sure all the guitar/cabinet/effect mods avbailable these days helped a lot, but this guy was cearly a student of George's playing, a talented player in his own right, and VERy well rehearsed. He didn't look like him that much, and sounded almost nothing like him when he sang "WMGGW", but the solos represented the best impersonation of any of the four.

The show was what you'd expect. a few songs from each era, w/ costumes to match. video screens w/ short 60's stock footage montage between sets for perspective. Nicely done but not overdone "schtick:" mop top stuff during the early years set and more "socially aware" as the "career" progressed. They made good use of loops and backing tracks to do songs the beatles could never have played live "elanor rigby," strawberry fields" "ADITL" I'm not a hguge beatles fanatic, but I actually enjoyed it. If you have a beatles fanatic friend, relative, etc. I'd say tickets would be a great present.

Wow...I'm impressed these guys are still doing the Beatlemania thing.

I went to see them in high school...about 25 or so years ago. They played at an outdoor stadium in a local park. We actually snuck in because, at the time, we didn't have $11 for the door. (There was a small hole in the bottom of a fence around the side. There was a guy at the top of the stadium doing lookout for anyone sneaking in...we waited for him to give us the "ok" sign and we shimmied under the gate. Ha Ha...sorry I just had to tell the story.)

As you said...the members of the band, at that time, were pretty much spot on. Very similar in sound and dress. Not necessarily looks, if I recall, but everything else was just about perfect. I loved every minute of it...or what I could remember. Those were some "blurry" times.

I'd go see them again! Glad you and your daughter had fun.