When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Warning helenarou SS cases

jaykeem

Just wanted to let you guys know that the current helenarou ebay cases are not the same as fishgodeep's 201A case set. I ordered 2 SS and 1 PVD and here are the problems with them.

1) My DSN pre-v 207A/201A caseback does not even come close to screwing into the SS or PVD case

2) V's CG does not fit as the two screw holes are about .5mm in towards the crown tube

3) The crowns are not your standard rep crown so there are modifications that need to be done on them

The SS case from helenarou has case dimples in between the lugs whiles fishgodeep's does not.

So if you were planning on ordering any case sets from helenarou this is just a heads up as to what I received over the weekend. :o

The case that FGD got from Helenarou is the same as the first 005 rep that I bought from EL more than 2, possibly 3, years ago. I haven't seen any of those since and I now have 4 standard rep handwind cases - 005(EL), 001(EL), 000(Josh) and 002 (Sichuan from Repgeeks). The cases are all different in various minor ways. The original 005 case is the closest to the preV 5218 series case and really only needs the lugs drilled to accept the preV 2-screw setup to be really accurate.

It seems to me that these all come from different sources and may all be available still - who knows.

PAMman - Well I wish I got the same cases Simon did just 6 months ago. The ones I received were nothing like the ones I received just a couple days ago. If the standard rep case backs would fit in the current helenarou cases, then I would just modify the V's CG to screw into the case.

Voot - Atleast you get to return it, helena told me no refunds :(

Edited by jaykeem

Real disappointment Jaykeem - I did say that I bought them a while ago and i appears I was just lucky....or you have been un-lucky!

It's pure luck with this game sometimes and I'll think twice about reccommending again

Thanks for your feedback though - may save some peeps some money

Cheers

FGD

I just wanted to share so no one made a mistake like me. I honestly may try ordering again in a month or two just to see if the cases are different again.

But as a reminder order at your own risk and know you probably will not got fishgodeep's case set :(

so, now WHERE do we get good quality case for a project??????

Just buy a complete regular rep e.g. a Swiss 005 which will get you a good case with OEM fit caseback, sapphire crystal, unmodified Swiss ETA 6497 suitable for any solid caseback model, hands, clamps, seals etc. If you are lucky you may also get a decent, snug CG of the early, preA to F series style. If there is any of this stuff that you don't want then it can be sold on the forum. Don't forget that the 005 will come with either an accurate preV 5218/201A caseback or the correct 005 back. Both of these casebacks are desirable and will fetch a good price on the forum.

The only parts of a Swiss 005 which aren't up to scratch are the dial and the crown. The rest of it is excellent. Altogether it is a better buy than purchasing parts separately.