When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of My UPO Purchase From Joshua!

alienfromneptune

Alright Guys.

So It's Saturday Morning 9:30am. I've Come in to Work to finish Up some Left Over Work. I'm Sitting Here Looking

at My New UPO Rep on my wrist and Saying to myself:

"Damn, This is a Pretty good Rep! Joshua Provided me with Top Notch Service, what the hell I'll write a Review!"

So it all started with this e-mail I got out of the Blue. It was like "Best Copies On the Web". I don't know why I clicked it, I get

anywhere between 10-30 E-mails a day and I Usually delete 29 of them. This one happen to be the one I clicked on that day!

Well Guess what it was a Scam Replica Site advertising Their 100% Perfect Swiss Made A+ Grade watches! :Jumpy:

Wow, I said. Swiss Made A+!!! Hell Yeah I'm getting one of These babies!

So I shoot over to the Website and look at a bunch and Decided to wait! I get on the Internet, being the research freak that I am to

check out reviews from purchasers about the Website! :D

So Low and Behold I find Nothing, absolutely nothing about the website or Reviews! :g: hmmm...

I started Thinking. Why is there nothing about this website up on the web and what are all these Scam Warnings! WTF. Scams in The

Replica Industry!! :( (Yeah I Know... That's a Noob Thinking though)

So I start doing research about Replicas and I find this Forum! I start going through the Posts, The Eye Candy, The Reviews, the Trusted Dealers!!

Sheww.... :) Finally some people who look like they know what they are talking about! Man was it a relief for me to find this Forum!

So I continued my research for 3 weeks, studying the Reviews from By-Tor and all the other experts here and Finally accumulated enough Legit

information so that I could purchase my First Rep!

The Purchase Review:

The SeaMaster Planet Ocean (UPO).

So Joshua Seemed to have a lot of great reviews. I shoot him an e-mail asking him a question about the watch!

2 Minutes....Just....2 Minutes later I get the Response! I'm thinking how fast does this guy TYPE... :Jumpy:

After sending him 6 or 7 e-mails and him responding every time so promptly, I said this is the Guy! He's Good!

So I shoot over to his website and examine the Pictures and decide to Buy the SM UPO!

I purchase the Watch with my Debit Card. And write some stuff up in the "Special Instructions" Section about him

switching up a few things for me with the Omega Box!

He shoots me an e-mail 10 minutes later (By the way I think, 10 minutes was the longest I ever waited for a reply from Joshua) saying he will

take care of it! :lol:

So a day goes by and I'm already getting anxious. So I checked my Backoffice at his website to see the status of my order... 10 minutes later

I did again it said the same thing "Processing"! I think I checked my back office 349 times that First Day! lol

I was going down to my mail-box 10 times a day, just to make sure I didn't miss the mailman!

Shipment and Packaging:

So Four (4) Days Go by and my back office still said "Processing"! :wounded1:

So I was starting to wonder when Joshua is going to ship it out to me? I Mean this guys probably doesn't understand, I just Can't Wait anymore... :(

So around lunch time I'm at work and my wife calls me and says: "You've got this Weird Package from Chinese Writings on it! It better Not be one of those fake Watches you were looking at!?" :bleh:

So I get Home and open the Door and WAAM...! :black_eye:

She Lets me Have it " I told you not to, You spendin our money on fake watches and stuff..." So she kept on at it, but all I remember from that point on

was something to the effect of Blah..Blah Bla Blah....Blah! :wub:

I rush Over to the package and he had packaged it in a brown box and taped so well That I had to use a saw to open it up! LoL

He must have used a whole Roll of Tape for that thing!

So I open it up and inside is my beautiful Omega Box and I'm wondering... "Is he sending the watch and Box Separate?"

I take the lid off the Omega Box and find that He actually followed my special instructions and provided me with even a better set than I asked Him to!! :victory:

Impressed..... You think? I was very impressed!

So I open the Wooden box and inside I find the Watch! Ta Da... :Jumpy:

It was there looking at me, looking all..... wrapped up in plastic!!! :nea:

It was placed in a Zip Lock Bag, then wrapped around that was Bubble Plastic wrapped in a way so that it would not get damaged in anyway!

Joshua Rating In My Book : 110% :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Why?

1. He Exceeded My Request Expectations

2. Quick Delivery (4 days from China, Come on for peace sake it take week to get somthing out to LA From the East Coast!)

3. Excellent Packaging

4. Fast And Prompt e-mail replies

5. Smooth transaction with no problems

6. Outstanding Product

Perfect Clones SM UPO Review:

Ok, So Down to the Nitty Gritty of the watch. The last month I had been spending alot of time at local Dealers Examining the GENs of this watch and

Studying all the reviews of the Gens Vs Reps on the Forums here online.

Based on that information here is what I found with the Rep UPO:

The Pros (+):

- I like to Describe this watch as "Magnificent". Pictures Do NOT do this watch Justice! No Matter how well taken, they just don't. The watch

has such an Outstanding Finish that It can easily fool or confuse even people that know the watch Very well into thinking that it is a GEN or at least making

them wonder that it Maybe isn't a REP!

- I purchased the one with the rubber Divers Strap and as described in the Website, the Strap is about 99% perfect and Really Does Repel Dust!

- The Feel and Weight of this watch is 99% Convincing. Unless you weigh it next to an Actual GEN on a scale, It is Virtually Undetectable!

- The Bezel Finish is Outstanding and Clicks Just Like the GEN. Its Solid with No shaky or Whobbling Business. It sounds and Feels just like the GEN.

- The Placement of the He Valve is Absolutely Correct. Moved up a little compared to the Last Version.

- The Dial looks very high Quality and the Spacing of the Numbers and the Font is absolutely Flawless. This Goes for the Date Font as well.

- The Writings on the Dial are very clear and correct size and Font.

- The Movement of the Second hand is 90% Accurate to the naked eye (For and Expert that Is of Course). The Original Ticks 16 Times Per Second as I was told

by the Dealer. The Rep seems to tick about 5-7 Times Per second. But Again this is very hard to Detect.

- The Case Back with the SeaMonster Is beautifully Finished. Very Clean and Clear. It looks absolutely High Quality. The Engravings on the Back are accurate

In shape and Depth.

- The Size of the Watch is 45mm just like the GEN.

The Cons (-):

Do take into consideration that no Rep is 100% like its GEN Counterpart, simply because the Quality of the Parts are not like the GEN.

- As for the AR coating. This watch (SM UPO) as far as I know comes with AR coating on the Inside only! At certain angles too much light

reflects off of the crystal (In Comparison to the GEN of Course). It also doesn't have much of a Blue Tint. This doesn't make the watch look bad

in any way. In comparison to the GEN is reflects a little more light. However this can be fixed with a Nice AR coating Service from K2222 or Chieftang.

- The Pearl. The Placement of the Pearl in the Triangle at the top of the Bezel is not correct. It should be more centered. The pearl on the Rep is too low in

the Triangle. ( This is a very Minor Flaw and Only Noticeable to one who is very familiar with this watch)

- The Logo. As for the Omega Logo. It has Feet!!! :huh: This is the only part of the watch which I think is Noticeable. Why O Why did they do this, I don't Know.

But in my opinion this is a Dead give a away to someone who really knows Omegas. The Logo also seems to have a rounded look VS. the Gen that is flat. This

affects how the light reflects off of it. Otherwise it looks very similar to the Omega Logo its Just Not exactly the

Same.

- The Second Hand Orange Tip. One of the reasons I Opted to go with the UPO Model with the White Numbering was because, the Orange Color on the Numbers

and Second hand are not as bright as the GEN. By selecting the Model with the white Numbers, You only have the second hand with Orange which is less

noticeable.

- The Lume. -_- The Lume on this watch is something that Concerned me alot after experimenting with it a little bit. The Lume on the watch is very poor in

my opinion. The lume on the Pearl is barely visible. Second, the Lume doesn't last more than 5 minutes when charged! However I should mention that if the

Lume is fully charged it looks dead gorgeous for the first Minute.

- The Finish on the Hour Sticks. Again this is getting really anal about this but it's something that I noticed. If you put the watch Under A Loupe and examine it

Closely you will notice the finish on the Hour sticks are different from the GEN in the aspect that it seems like the silver lining on the Rep is more Visible and

Dominating that the GEN. The GEN seems to have more LUME paint on the Sticks therefore concealing more of the Sliver Lining.

- The SeaMonster on the Back. The SeaMonster Figure on the Back of the Watch beautifully crafted, however there are some inaccuracies.

a) The Finish seems to be more Flat than Raised and Rounded compared to the GEN.

B) Where the Leash of the Monster connects to its face is in-accurate. It is suppose to blend in with the face rather than be carved out!

c) The saddle area is also inaccurate in its Hollow Size and Shape.

- The Crown. The Crown on this watch looks beautiful with the Omega Logo Embossed. It looks very like the GEN. However the Crown seems to have

Sharper edges than the GEN. The Gen has more well rounded Flutes rather than sharp. The Size also seems to be a little larger, which is noticeable when

looking at the watch from behind at how it flows into the Case!

***I will be posting pictures of the details when I get home tonight for your viewing pleasure***

I have to say that The watch is a very fine watch and the best REP out there right now. But the question is "Can it be Improved?"

Yes it definitely can be. And that is the reason I am pointing out probably more Cons than negatives, because I'm sure you Like me would like to see better and

better Reps every year!

This review is probably a Very Anal one, but I just mentioned why I did so, Simply because I would like to see even better Reps in the Future!

I should mention that I get tons of compliments from people that see the watch, even from people that don't know the watch brand or watches in general.

So if you are looking for something with some bling and a Great Feel (Gen feel) then this watch is definitely the way to go. But if you are a person that is really

picky like I am but lets these little things get to you, then maybe it isn't the best choice for you.

Overall Score in My Book: Eighty % like GEN

Edited by alienfromneptune

Hi alien,

Nice pick up and good observation.

What you found from the comparison are correct. Very good for a newbie who just enter into the rep world.

Did you say anal? Well, that depends... To some maybe yes but to some, the fun just begin if you are considering doing further mods to your UPO.

There are 2 ways you may try for the mods.

The cheaper way is to get a UPO dial from silix (the one and only UPO rep dial dial with the correct omega logo) and do a logo swap. Want to see the effect? Well, here you are...

1984201115_918f85454b_o.jpg

Another way is to get the gen spare parts like dial, hands, bezel insert, crown, bracelet, dial from Ofrei.

For me, swapping the logo is good enough for me.

Hope you the above info helps and enjoy your watch more ^_^

Edited by jitai

Nice review my boy!! I owned the gen Pumpkin PO which I sold to help fund my Rolex Sub LV. Always missed the PO though!!!! So I purchased a semi fully modded UPO from a fellow board member whom had swapped out the crown tube and HE valve for genuine parts from Ofrei. He also had the dial lumed by Flav which glowed and had the same staying power as the gen. He also had something done with the pearl lume and I believe it was filed down some that it had a lower profile in the bezel. Also sported a set of genuine hands from Otto Frei as well. So after a week of initial love I still find much to nitpick with it. The dial though with the same lume as a gen still bugged me. The Omega symbol, the slightly off matte finish to the dial were driving me batty. Also as you pointed out the crystal had to be dealt with as well. The solution to both> Gen Dial and Gen crystal from Otto Frei. Which are currently on the way to one of our more respected modders. When done it's all said and done it will have gen dial, hands, crown, tube , HE valve, crystal and a gen clasp and clasp end links. The moral of the story is this hobby can become very addicting and fun as well as expensive.

post-13805-1214763546_thumb.jpg

So It's Saturday Morning 9:30am. I've Come in to Work to finish Up some Left Over Work. I'm Sitting Here Looking

at My New UPO Rep on my wrist and Saying to myself:

"Damn, This is a Pretty good Rep! Joshua Provided me with Top Notch Service, what the hell I'll write a Review!"

So it all started with this e-mail I got out of the Blue. It was like "Best Copies On the Web". I don't know why I clicked it, I get

anywhere between 10-30 E-mails a day and I Usually delete 29 of them. This one happen to be the one I clicked on that day!

Well Guess what it was a Scam Replica Site advertising Their 100% Perfect Swiss Made A+ Grade watches! Jumpy.gif

Wow, I said. Swiss Made A+!!! Hell Yeah I'm getting one of These babies!

So I shoot over to the Website and look at a bunch and Decided to wait! I get on the Internet, being the research freak that I am to

check out reviews from purchasers about the Website! biggrin.gif

So Low and Behold I find Nothing, absolutely nothing about the website or Reviews! g.gif hmmm...

I started Thinking. Why is there nothing about this website up on the web and what are all these Scam Warnings! WTF. Scams in The

Replica Industry!! sad.gif (Yeah I Know... That's a Noob Thinking though)

So I start doing research about Replicas and I find this Forum! I start going through the Posts, The Eye Candy, The Reviews, the Trusted Dealers!!

Sheww.... smile.gif Finally some people who look like they know what they are talking about! Man was it a relief for me to find this Forum!

So I continued my research for 3 weeks, studying the Reviews from By-Tor and all the other experts here and Finally accumulated enough Legit

information so that I could purchase my First Rep!

The Purchase Review:

The SeaMaster Planet Ocean (UPO).

So Joshua Seemed to have a lot of great reviews. I shoot him an e-mail asking him a question about the watch!

2 Minutes....Just....2 Minutes later I get the Response! I'm thinking how fast does this guy TYPE... Jumpy.gif

After sending him 6 or 7 e-mails and him responding every time so promptly, I said this is the Guy! He's Good!

So I shoot over to his website and examine the Pictures and decide to Buy the SM UPO!

I purchase the Watch with my Debit Card. And write some stuff up in the "Special Instructions" Section about him

switching up a few things for me with the Omega Box!

He shoots me an e-mail 10 minutes later (By the way I think, 10 minutes was the longest I ever waited for a reply from Joshua) saying he will

take care of it! laugh.gif

So a day goes by and I'm already getting anxious. So I checked my Backoffice at his website to see the status of my order... 10 minutes later

I did again it said the same thing "Processing"! I think I checked my back office 349 times that First Day! lol

I was going down to my mail-box 10 times a day, just to make sure I didn't miss the mailman!

Shipment and Packaging:

So Four (4) Days Go by and my back office still said "Processing"! wounded1.gif

So I was starting to wonder when Joshua is going to ship it out to me? I Mean this guys probably doesn't understand, I just Can't Wait anymore... sad.gif

So around lunch time I'm at work and my wife calls me and says: "You've got this Weird Package from Chinese Writings on it! It better Not be one of those fake Watches you were looking at!?" bleh.gif

So I get Home and open the Door and WAAM...! black_eye.gif

She Lets me Have it " I told you not to, You spendin our money on fake watches and stuff..." So she kept on at it, but all I remember from that point on

was something to the effect of Blah..Blah Bla Blah....Blah! wub.gif

I rush Over to the package and he had packaged it in a brown box and taped so well That I had to use a saw to open it up! LoL

He must have used a whole Roll of Tape for that thing!

post-13805-1214763631_thumb.jpg

post-13805-1214763706_thumb.jpg

So I open it up and inside is my beautiful Omega Box and I'm wondering... "Is he sending the watch and Box Separate?"

I take the lid off the Omega Box and find that He actually followed my special instructions and provided me with even a better set than I asked Him to!! victory.gif

Impressed..... You think? I was very impressed!

So I open the Wooden box and inside I find the Watch! Ta Da... Jumpy.gif

It was there looking at me, looking all..... wrapped up in plastic!!! nea.gif

It was placed in a Zip Lock Bag, then wrapped around that was Bubble Plastic wrapped in a way so that it would not get damaged in anyway!

Joshua Rating In My Book : 110% thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Why?

1. He Exceeded My Request Expectations

2. Quick Delivery (4 days from China, Come on for peace sake it take week to get somthing out to LA From the East Coast!)

3. Excellent Packaging

4. Fast And Prompt e-mail replies

5. Smooth transaction with no problems

6. Outstanding Product

Perfect Clones SM UPO Review:

Ok, So Down to the Nitty Gritty of the watch. The last month I had been spending alot of time at local Dealers Examining the GENs of this watch and

Studying all the reviews of the Gens Vs Reps on the Forums here online.

Based on that information here is what I found with the Rep UPO:

The Pros (+):

- I like to Describe this watch as "Magnificent". Pictures Do NOT do this watch Justice! No Matter how well taken, they just don't. The watch

has such an Outstanding Finish that It can easily fool or confuse even people that know the watch Very well into thinking that it is a GEN or at least making

them wonder that it Maybe isn't a REP!

- I purchased the one with the rubber Divers Strap and as described in the Website, the Strap is about 99% perfect and Really Does Repel Dust!

post-13805-1214763781_thumb.jpg

post-13805-1214763822_thumb.jpg

- The Feel and Weight of this watch is 99% Convincing. Unless you weigh it next to an Actual GEN on a scale, It is Virtually Undetectable!

- The Bezel Finish is Outstanding and Clicks Just Like the GEN. Its Solid with No shaky or Whobbling Business. It sounds and Feels just like the GEN.

post-13805-1214763957_thumb.jpg

post-13805-1214764020_thumb.jpg

- The Placement of the He Valve is Absolutely Correct. Moved up a little compared to the Last Version.

post-13805-1214764064_thumb.jpg

post-13805-1214764097_thumb.jpg

- The Dial looks very high Quality and the Spacing of the Numbers and the Font is absolutely Flawless. This Goes for the Date Font as well.

- The Writings on the Dial are very clear and correct size and Font.

- The Movement of the Second hand is 90% Accurate to the naked eye (For and Expert that Is of Course). The Original Ticks 16 Times Per Second as I was told

by the Dealer. The Rep seems to tick about 5-7 Times Per second. But Again this is very hard to Detect.

- The Case Back with the SeaMonster Is beautifully Finished. Very Clean and Clear. It looks absolutely High Quality. The Engravings on the Back are accurate

In shape and Depth.

- The Size of the Watch is 45mm just like the GEN.

post-13805-1214764206_thumb.jpg

The Cons (-):

Do take into consideration that no Rep is 100% like its GEN Counterpart, simply because the Quality of the Parts are not like the GEN.

- As for the AR coating. This watch (SM UPO) as far as I know comes with AR coating on the Inside only! At certain angles too much light

reflects off of the crystal (In Comparison to the GEN of Course). It also doesn't have much of a Blue Tint. This doesn't make the watch look bad

in any way. In comparison to the GEN is reflects a little more light. However this can be fixed with a Nice AR coating Service from K2222 or Chieftang.

post-13805-1214764317_thumb.jpg

- The Pearl. The Placement of the Pearl in the Triangle at the top of the Bezel is not correct. It should be more centered. The pearl on the Rep is too low in

the Triangle. ( This is a very Minor Flaw and Only Noticeable to one who is very familiar with this watch)

- The Logo. As for the Omega Logo. It has Feet!!! huh.gif This is the only part of the watch which I think is Noticeable. Why O Why did they do this, I don't Know.

But in my opinion this is a Dead give a away to someone who really knows Omegas. The Logo also seems to have a rounded look VS. the Gen that is flat. This

affects how the light reflects off of it. Otherwise it looks very similar to the Omega Logo its Just Not exactly the

Same.

- The Second Hand Orange Tip. One of the reasons I Opted to go with the UPO Model with the White Numbering was because, the Orange Color on the Numbers

and Second hand are not as bright as the GEN. By selecting the Model with the white Numbers, You only have the second hand with Orange which is less

noticeable.

post-13805-1214764371_thumb.jpg

- The Lume. sleep.gif The Lume on this watch is something that Concerned me alot after experimenting with it a little bit. The Lume on the watch is very poor in

my opinion. The lume on the Pearl is barely visible. Second, the Lume doesn't last more than 5 minutes when charged! However I should mention that if the

Lume is fully charged it looks dead gorgeous for the first Minute.

- The Finish on the Hour Sticks. Again this is getting really anal about this but it's something that I noticed. If you put the watch Under A Loupe and examine it

Closely you will notice the finish on the Hour sticks are different from the GEN in the aspect that it seems like the silver lining on the Rep is more Visible and

Dominating that the GEN. The GEN seems to have more LUME paint on the Sticks therefore concealing more of the Sliver Lining.

- The SeaMonster on the Back. The SeaMonster Figure on the Back of the Watch beautifully crafted, however there are some inaccuracies.

a ) The Finish seems to be more Flat than Raised and Rounded compared to the GEN.

b ) Where the Leash of the Monster connects to its face is in-accurate. It is suppose to blend in with the face rather than be carved out!

c ) The saddle area is also inaccurate in its Hollow Size and Shape.

post-13805-1214764446_thumb.jpg

post-13805-1214764490_thumb.jpg

- The Crown. The Crown on this watch looks beautiful with the Omega Logo Embossed. It looks very like the GEN. However the Crown seems to have

Sharper edges than the GEN. The Gen has more well rounded Flutes rather than sharp. The Size also seems to be a little larger, which is noticeable when

looking at the watch from behind at how it flows into the Case!

I have to say that The watch is a very fine watch and the best REP out there right now. But the question is "Can it be Improved?"

Yes it definitely can be. And that is the reason I am pointing out probably more Cons than negatives, because I'm sure you Like me would like to see better and

better Reps every year!

This review is probably a Very Anal one, but I just mentioned why I did so, Simply because I would like to see even better Reps in the Future!

I should mention that I get tons of compliments from people that see the watch, even from people that don't know the watch brand or watches in general.

So if you are looking for something with some bling and a Great Feel (Gen feel) then this watch is definitely the way to go. But if you are a person that is really

picky like I am but lets these little things get to you, then maybe it isn't the best choice for you and You should Just Go with the GEN.

Overall Score in My Book: 8 0 % Like GEN

post-13805-1214764820_thumb.jpg