When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Dial on my UPO is off centered....

neozzr

The problem with the UPO insert being "off" lies in the pearl/bezel assembly. The pearl is actually attached to the the bezel, not the insert. The hole in the bezel where the pearl sits is situated a little to the right of where it should be. The solution is to remove the bezel assembly, and separate the insert. Then, remove the pearl from the bezel. enlarge the hole where the pearl sits, using a dremel, towards the left. Remount the bezel, without the pearl or insert. Then using epoxy, set the pearl in place, and lay the insert over top to ensure proper positioning. Once the pearl has dried, glue the insert in place and you are good to go.

I have also noticed a similar problem with my UPO as well.

When I unscrew the Crown and pull it to the third position to set the time it wiggles a little out of place as I try to set

the time. When I Move the time forward it wiggles clock wise and when I set the time back it wiggles counter clock wise.

When I am done setting the time and return the crown to the 2nd position it falls back into place.

The problem with the UPO insert being "off" lies in the pearl/bezel assembly. The pearl is actually attached to the the bezel, not the insert. The hole in the bezel where the pearl sits is situated a little to the right of where it should be. The solution is to remove the bezel assembly, and separate the insert. Then, remove the pearl from the bezel. enlarge the hole where the pearl sits, using a dremel, towards the left. Remount the bezel, without the pearl or insert. Then using epoxy, set the pearl in place, and lay the insert over top to ensure proper positioning. Once the pearl has dried, glue the insert in place and you are good to go.

Here's a pic:

DSCF5055.jpg