When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new franken and somewhat modded 112! :)

rcrscom

Well, I finally had some time to take a breather today! Getting back into my old profession and nurturing a biz (not straps) while working puts a strain on free time. I finally got caught up and got home from sending out the last batch of straps... Decided to finally sit down and get to work on this thing before I start on some new straps. Here's how it goes:

After reading DSN's post on his new stuff being available, I did some research on his pieces, and while nice, I wasn't ready to take a gamble. A compromise was what I needed, so I emailed him and ordered his 112 superlumed dial and hands.

It was around the same time I decided that I was letting a few pieces collect dust and that my watch of choice was the 111... To me, my ideal collection would be the 111, 183, 249, and 112. Now I'm 3/4's of the way there with this new piece. The dial and hands are DSN's superlumed pieces, the high cannon pin came from Flav, and everything else came from Sead's 111h that he offered up for sale recently. I was so glad to see that the movement is the swan neck dagger with engraved bridge piece, rather than stickers or the needle swan neck. I also put some work into the crownguard and lever in tightening it and polishing the pin.

I must say that I'm 90% happy with this, and I'm sure the other 10% will come along, as I'm waiting for a DSN crown to come in (2 actually, as I forgot I ordered 1 a week ago). Costs added up, everything came pretty close to ordering a piece from DSN, but at least here, I had piece of mind in knowing that any QC concerns would be my own. One question though, will the DSN crown fill that gap in a little better?

Shot up a few pics... lemme k now what you guys think.

DSC_1971.jpg

DSC_1973.jpg

DSC_1974.jpg

DSC_1975.jpg

DSC_1976.jpg

DSC_1977.jpg

DSC_1981.jpg