When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Changing End Links On Dw 6263 Daytona

rek001

Hi, everyone - hope you are having a very nice weekend.

Some time ago I acquired a superb DW 6263 but it came with weird, sloppy end links. Apparently the factory ran out of the correct 571 end links and instead trimmed down generic 20mm end links and installed them :bangin:

Anyway, it took David 3 months to send me the lovely correct 19mm end links with 571 stamping, but I finally got 'em.

So now I'm tring to remove the original end links and install the new ones. I've never done this before, I pushed a pin tool into the lug hole that's drilled all the way through the lugs and I can feel the spring bar compress, but the end link is not budging out of position no matter which hole I try. I don't want to screw up or scratch the case, so I'm being cautious.

Is there some trick to this?

Any advice would be most appreciated, thank you!

Guest avitt
Hi, everyone - hope you are having a very nice weekend.

Some time ago I acquired a superb DW 6263 but it came with weird, sloppy end links. Apparently the factory ran out of the correct 571 end links and instead trimmed down generic 20mm end links and installed them :bangin:

Anyway, it took David 3 months to send me the lovely correct 19mm end links with 571 stamping, but I finally got 'em.

So now I'm tring to remove the original end links and install the new ones. I've never done this before, I pushed a pin tool into the lug hole that's drilled all the way through the lugs and I can feel the spring bar compress, but the end link is not budging out of position no matter which hole I try. I don't want to screw up or scratch the case, so I'm being cautious.

Is there some trick to this?

Any advice would be most appreciated, thank you!

It is possible to insert your springbar tool too far, so that it actually engages the springbar shaft itself. Try drawing back on the tool just a bit. It helps if you apply lateral pressure to the springbar (from the back side of the end link) while you are inserting the tool. That way, when you get to the right spot, the bar will move away from the hole.

But, don't get your hopes too high on those new 571 end links...They don't really fit the DW cases correctly. I asked David about this, and he only recommended that I use thin spring bars.

As avitt mentioned- Best to try not to compress the bars in too much- Only enough to move them out fo the lug hole. What I typically do is undo a link so that the bracelet is seperated at the clasp. I then turn over the watch so that I am looking at the baseback side, and then insert the pin for the springbar tool. Once you see the springbar end compress, apply pressure with your finger to push the endlink just enough so that the springbar end is now pressing against the solid surface of the inner lug (i.e. the end is not going back into the hole). Then do the same to the other side; once both ends are out, it should be a matter of simply pushing the link out.

Avitt, thanks much for your reply.

I will try your method, hope it works for me.

Now I have to get some thin springbars, it never ends, does it.