When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona from Eurotimez

Noel Fleischer

I ordered a Black SS Daytona- SE about amonth ago from Eurotimez.

The watch looks fine - really the same as all the sites post and the price was right ($220)

Unfortunately; the watch is already acting up - stops when i take it off, power reserve

about 8 hours off the wrist, etc.

This is the third and LAST one i'm gonna get. i have troubles with all of them.

I'm not blaming Chris; i realize the Daytona is probably the worst mechanical rep.

They sure do LOOK nice.

Congrads on the new watch & sorry to hear of your problems.

1st, did you give the watch 40 winds, manually, before you put it on? Unless you perform alot of calisthenics throughout the day or manually wind the mainspring, the power reserve resulting from your normal wrist movement is unlikely to be sufficient to keep the watch going when you take it off (or sit motionless for a time).

As to the 'stops when I take it off', that may be related to the weak power reserve (see above) or it may just be that your watch contains the usual surplus (used) movement in need of a proper service (contact Ziggy or take it to a local watchmaker for an overhaul) or it may be related to the secs at 6 gearing (this should help).