When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP Price Increase

dovo1695

When I was looking at gens a few months ago, a new SMP was about $1300 at the lowest price internet dealer. When I did an internet search this evening they were $2000. Is it just me or did Omega SMP prices increase dramatically over the last few months?

Yes Omega did raise their prices as did Rolex and the other high end Swiss Watch houses. Omega is trying to raise their cashe and prestige and part of that unfortunately for us means raising their list prices to near Rolex levels (or at least just below that neighborhood) that being said the bigest prestige pre owned bargains happen to be Omegas. You can find absolutley mint Pre owned SMP, POs and Speedys from reputable dealers at nearly 50% list. I will be purchasing either the new Black SMP Bond or more likely a SMP Chrono this summer and have already found the Co-Axial Bonds (Not the Black ones but the blue) and Chrono's mint for around $1500-1700.00. I would be warry of the Bay though we have seen here how close our modded pieces are to genuines. There are a few very reputable dealers on the bay though and of course many grey market and secondary dealers like Alan Furman and Bernard Watches. Many more if you look!!!

When I was looking at gens a few months ago, a new SMP was about $1300 at the lowest price internet dealer. When I did an internet search this evening they were $2000. Is it just me or did Omega SMP prices increase dramatically over the last few months?

Over the last few months? That can't be right! I started looking for one at the end of last year, and the cheapest I could find were still over $2K!

I gave up and tried to find a used 2531 instead (they're more 'classic' anyway).

I eventually scored a new one a few months ago from a jeweler in Florida (via fleabay), for $1,500. Last week he was selling the electric blue. Nice transaction, with free, insured FedEx delivery, and two year warranty (cards, boxes, etc)..

Edited by f5mando