When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aftermarket cases for Daytona

southcoast68

FYI

For those who frequent jewelryandwatch.com, you might have already seen this. For those who haven't, they now offer stainless steel cases for 16520 ElPrimero Daytona for $1,650. I can only guess that they will in time offer dials, pushers, crystals, hands and complete assembly like they do with the 6263 models and such.

I noticed these some months ago on their site. For the most part, looks pretty good. That bezel has certainly seen better days, but overall, looks decent. I'd like to get a better look of the sides, back, lugs etc. prior to saying one way or the other, but with their single pic (and it could just be the pic), it looks almost like it's a tad bit overpolished on the sides and tips of the lugs (that 7:00 lug looks a little rounded at the tip).

Dial fitted to this one is gen in case anyone was wondering.

As for pricing... I remember when such cases were almost half of this. Heck... I got my gen case back a few years ago for a little less. But the price is consistent with what I've seen elsewhere for aftermarket (and gen cases are now in the $3.5k - $6k range). Prices have really gone up across the board...

I like Phong and his product offering. I've been drooling over that 18k Patek 2499 he has for some time now.

Clicking on the more images button will reveal additional pictures of the case, but I did not see a dial, but then again I never signed up on his site and maybe some things I will not be able to see unless I do. I was aspiring to get one of these built someday, but if the price of parts do not stabilize, those aspirations will quickly fade into the sunset :( . I managed to get a ElPrimero re-dial a while back, I guess it will sit until I figure out something to do with it. Anyway, still exciting to see the offering.

Cheers