When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are your experiences with copy ETA movements?

DemonSlayer

From what it seems to me, there isn't much info available on the forums about the quality of copy ETA movements. I remember reading a post from The Zigmeister, where he stated that after servicing a copy ETA movement, he had trouble regulating it amongst other things.

I would very much appreciate it if members here could give some insight on their experiences with these movements. Have they held well over time? Have any members got them serviced, or are thinking of getting them serviced? If it breaks down, is it fairly easy to purchase replacement parts, or a new movement entirely?

I can only add one experience. I had to replace a Datejust movement and had Josh send me a clone ETA 2836. It's worked fine out of the box for the last couple of months and keeps excellent time. So at the moment I'm very happy with them.

The old movement was "supposedly" Swiss ETA but I have my doubts. It never ran right even after 2 trips to Rex450's shop.

as the man said- who really knows for sure which are copies unless you buy

one and they tell you (ex. Puretime).or you are The Zigmeister and can take apart a watch.

i've had the most problems with suppossed swiss etas (not including daytona

which everybody knows are hellish).

i'm going more and more with asian- at least i know what they are and they're cheap.

the truth is i NEVER had any mechanical problems with all my cheapo asian reps.

they may feel flimsy but they tend to work.

as the man said- who really knows for sure which are copies unless you buy

one and they tell you (ex. Puretime).or you are The Zigmeister and can take apart a watch.

i've had the most problems with suppossed swiss etas (not including daytona

which everybody knows are hellish).

i'm going more and more with asian- at least i know what they are and they're cheap.

the truth is i NEVER had any mechanical problems with all my cheapo asian reps.

they may feel flimsy but they tend to work.