When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A dishonest 'honest' FleaBay-er

Alextor

This guy is selling an authentic Rolex 1570 movement with a fake datewheel on a franken 1680...At least he tells you he is throwing all the replaced parts for 'free" :D :D :D :D though he is charging a whole lot more than what the movement is worth... :rolleyes: (and take a look at those endlinks...)

Franken 1680

Guest carlsbadrolex

Curious as to what is dishonest about his ad???

Sounds to me like a jeweleryandwatch case, an NDTrading dial, a gen 1570 and a couple bracelets. PLUS the extra crown/tube and crystal.

Seems like alot of money, but I guarantee he is taking a loss at his asking price!

Kind of agree with you...dishonest in a sly way for selling a movement (the only original part) with a fake datewheel at a markedly higher price than its market price. Honest in an equally sly way for selling a bunch of junk from his 'personal collection'...and advising customers as to the origin of such parts... Why not selling the movement only and get over with? Because by throwing a bunch of non-gen parts on it...he's doubling the price. I'd buy an NDTrading dial from NDTrading only. As far as the cost...in my own opinion...nobody takes a big loss in the bay...not for a 'buy now price'.

I haven't seen a lot of frankens in the bay lately. Always amusing

Cheers :victory:

Alex

Curious as to what is dishonest about his ad???

Sounds to me like a jeweleryandwatch case, an NDTrading dial, a gen 1570 and a couple bracelets. PLUS the extra crown/tube and crystal.

Seems like alot of money, but I guarantee he is taking a loss at his asking price!