When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

At what point is it right to complain?

Guest shura110

Guest shura110

Ok guys, I have a question: At what point is it right to complain about the dealer. Here is the situation: At the begining of April I have ordered a watch from one of respected dealers on the forum. Received the watch and it was defective. OK no problem, contacted a dealer to see if I can send it back for repair. Send it back, waited a couple of weeks and dealer told me that the watch has been shipped. The provided tracking number never worked, but I wasn't to worry about that as it was send by airmail post. Now almost two month later I have no watch and dealer is giving me the run around that is checking with the local PO. What do you think: Am I right to complain if I have not received the watch for two month?

I won't name the dealer as I hope it can be solved (hopefully)

Thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I have had my fair share of problems with reps. I have sent many watches back to the dealers for repair and have paid the extra for return EMS tracking. I don't have faith in shipments that can't be tracked. I would stay in constant communication with the dealer to get the matter resolved. I am afraid that if the watch was shipped out two months ago, it might be lost. That is abnormally long. Airmail should not take more than 3 weeks to any part of the world. Ask the dealer for proof that the watch was shipped. Ask for a copy of the waybill showing your address. If no resolution between you and the dealer has taken place, then you have every right to post your experience on this board. We are here to share experiences both good and bad. I have faith that any of our trusted dealers will make things right. Good luck to you.

Ok guys, I have a question: At what point is it right to complain about the dealer. Here is the situation: At the begining of April I have ordered a watch from one of respected dealers on the forum. Received the watch and it was defective. OK no problem, contacted a dealer to see if I can send it back for repair. Send it back, waited a couple of weeks and dealer told me that the watch has been shipped. The provided tracking number never worked, but I wasn't to worry about that as it was send by airmail post. Now almost two month later I have no watch and dealer is giving me the run around that is checking with the local PO. What do you think: Am I right to complain if I have not received the watch for two month?

I won't name the dealer as I hope it can be solved (hopefully)

Thanks for listening.

Guest shura110

Thank you guys for all your input. That is what I thought: 3-4 weeks should be max to receive the package, even if it's shipped by airmail. I will try to ask the dealer for the proof, but I won't be suprized if it's not provided to me. Will see if the dealer will answer my e-mail.

I know some dealers experience troubles with airmail and other shipmentmethods, because of upcoming Olympic games but this was way before so there is no reason why a new watch shouldn't be send.....I think you showed that yoy have had a lot of patience

I hope you will work it out with your supplier