When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche flat 6 6340 wrist shoots please!

fitipaldi2

Hi, I'm very interested on the Porsche Flat 6 P'6340. I couldnt find any wrist shoot on the forum.

Could someone post some wrist photos before to buy this beauty, please?

I currently have a Baume & Mercier XXL Magnum. The size is perfect for me (43mm). I'm not shure if the Porshe will be correct, because on photos the watch looks very big.

Thanks!!

OK, thanks but the photo doesn't show the watch (the dial). Please could someone post some wrist photos showing the watch dial?

thanks again

If you scroll down a bit, you will see "Lani" wearing the watch with the dial showing...

Hi, I'm very interested on the Porsche Flat 6 P'6340.

Mine arrived a week ago and I have yet to wear it - the bands are a [censored] to resize.

The clasp has four screws to remove, tiny ones. You'll need a pro quality screwdriver set and a good magnifying visor.

On mine, one of the screws had the threads stripped from the factory, another had the head stripped so I couldn't get the screw out.

Then you need someone to hold the thing in place for you so you can mark the band (unless you have three hands) and if you cut the band short you're screwed because they don't sell replacements.

So you have to disassemble the whole thing, size the band, cut it, assemble it (all four screws plus four pins that need to be placed exactly or it won't go together) test fit and then do the whole thing over again two or three more times until you get it sized properly. That is assuming you don't strip or lose a screw in the process.

It's a nice watch, but if I had it to do over I would have never bought it.

Of course, once you have it fit correctly you never have to worry about it again - unless you gain or lose weight.

Mine arrived a week ago and I have yet to wear it - the bands are a [censored] to resize.

Update - yanked all the clasp screws and replaced them with ones from my parts box and everything works fine now. Watch fits nicely and runs first rate.

But don't buy this watch unless you have a good quality jeweler's screwdriver set or a good watchmaker to size the strap. Otherwise, and excellent rep.