When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2 questions: 196 vs. 188; will lello a7750 dw fit eta 7753?

dylan

The 7750 DW will not work on the 7753, as the dates will not be in the right place......

As for which is more accurate, they both are pretty good, no real winner, although it depends on which case version you have......

It is generally thought that the older (unavailable now) version had the better case, but the dial from the newer version was better, so people tend to match the old case with the new dial if they can, and of course a 7753 with a lello DW for ultimate perfection :)

Cheers! B)

Thanks Mickey!

From perusing dealer pics...to me at least it seems the 196 has a better dial...

the white dial, the hr fonts seem thinner than gen...the subdial hands on the rep pics are silver

instead of black...and the spacing between the 2,4,8,10 compared to the seconds subdial,

and minute subdial seem off?

I'm not sure if the dealer pics are old, and some of these issues have been corrected.

To make a 188 with 7753 you need old style case and different dial from 7750 movement it is not a straight 7750 out 7753 in thing. Only the older cases have the correct 10 button location for the fast date change. I beleive Josh had some of these ready made at around $800 would seem the best solution