When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some people are really stupid!

stilty

So I'm looking around eBay and happen to stumble across this seller who has close to 40 high end watches listed for sale. Obviously he is selling off his collection. A lot of Rolex, a few Paneria, IWC, Zenith, etc. Prices range from $2600 to $13000. The seller is also listing some high end jewelry anywhere from $10K to $25K.

No big deal right? We see dealers, jewelers, pawn shops selling tons of stuff all the time. This guy has tons of pictures of each item, but what blew me away, is this seller, included pics and scans of his Rolex papers. You can click to enlarge, and there in plain, easy to read printing, is not only the serial numbers, but his full name and address! I look at other items, he has included scans of the appraisal papers... all with his NAME and ADDRESS! And they all match... all the same owner!

I'm not going to list any of his auctions and point anyone in his direction as I seriously think this guy is asking for trouble.

Can anyone say "home invasion"? Is this guy wanting to get robbed? I appreciate a seller wanting to offer full disclosure on an item he is selling, but that is madness!

And out of curiosity, I google mapped his address and presto! There is his house! Unbelievable.

So I'm looking around eBay and happen to stumble across this seller who has close to 40 high end watches listed for sale. Obviously he is selling off his collection. A lot of Rolex, a few Paneria, IWC, Zenith, etc. Prices range from $2600 to $13000. The seller is also listing some high end jewelry anywhere from $10K to $25K.

No big deal right? We see dealers, jewelers, pawn shops selling tons of stuff all the time. This guy has tons of pictures of each item, but what blew me away, is this seller, included pics and scans of his Rolex papers. You can click to enlarge, and there in plain, easy to read printing, is not only the serial numbers, but his full name and address! I look at other items, he has included scans of the appraisal papers... all with his NAME and ADDRESS! And they all match... all the same owner!

I'm not going to list any of his auctions and point anyone in his direction as I seriously think this guy is asking for trouble.

Can anyone say "home invasion"? Is this guy wanting to get robbed? I appreciate a seller wanting to offer full disclosure on an item he is selling, but that is madness!

And out of curiosity, I google mapped his address and presto! There is his house! Unbelievable.

I'd tell him my concerns, some people are green beyond belief.

Already sent him a message.

I later read his store profile, and he says he is a jeweler, so I'm guessing he is selling off these items for a customer? If that is the case, I would be mighty [censored] to have my name and address published, even if I didn't own the watches anymore. That is just a recipe for disaster. It won't be long for some dirtbag to go and kick down his door.

Maybe he's also got a vast collection of heavy artillery in his home that isn't for sale. ;)