When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bentley Bezel Screws

RRFAN

I have a breitling bentley with a loose bezel. I tried tightening the 4 screws around the bezel earlier today (stupidly!) as I thought thats how the bezel is held on. 3 of them are really tight and won't budge. One of them though loosened with a bit of force and now just spins freely on the spot.

After some reading on the forums, I came across a few posts stating how to tighten the bezel (removing the caseback, tachyometer ring etc) which is way too complicated for me.

I was just wondering if I had done any damage by loosening one of the bezel screws.

Do you know if it's likely to fall off? I assume they are there for decoration purposes only but I am now a bit worried!

Can anyone help? :huh:

Also while I'm on the subject of this watch, How can I tell if my version is an old 7750 or the 28,800 7750 version? The rotor is engraved but is there any stamp or distinguishing feature I should look for? thanks.

Edited by RRFAN

Also while I'm on the subject of this watch, How can I tell if my version is an old 7750 or the 28,800 7750 version? The rotor is engraved but is there any stamp or distinguishing feature I should look for? thanks.

Open your caseback, check if your movement has a regulator and if it has more then 5 ball bearing for the rotor(the center) that mean is the old 7750 with low beat.

The 28800 beat generally don't have a regulator, but the latest one they added regulator, but it has 5 ball bearing for the rotor movement.

Here is a picture, see if u can see what I mean

7750na2.jpg

Edited by windyzz

Open your caseback, check if your movement has a regulator and if it has more then 5 ball bearing for the rotor(the center) that mean is the old 7750 with low beat.

The 28800 beat generally don't have a regulator, but the latest one they added regulator, but it has 5 ball bearing for the rotor movement.

Here is a picture, see if u can see what I mean

7750na2.jpg

thank you mate. Will dig out my rubber glove and have a gander later.

Anyone else have any idea about the screws?? Really don't want to lose one!!