When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need NYC watchsmith Recommendation

ALEX.CPA

Hi all,

I have done my search on the forum and PMed few people but still did not get the info I am looking for.

I have a beautiful 6 months old 111H from Davidsenjp with "swiss" 6497 that needs a small repar job. Gears are slipping and and the watch unwinds back....click has disengaged from the ratchet wheel and there is no spring in sight to return it back...just noticed that the tiny spring that holds a small lever that prevents main gears from slipping back is "gone". That lever is disengaged and there is no clicking sound when i wind the watch eaither. In other words...click has disengaged from the ratchet wheel and there is no spring in sight to return it back...

I am afraid it is "lost" somewhere inside the movement.

I would appreciate all input in regards to recommending a competent "rep friendly" local Tri-State Watchsmith who could fix this problem.

Many thanks beforehand for all your valuable input...

Alex

• 1 year later...

Copied from RepGeek.com (Thanks claudeb1966)

Tam in chinatown...he has no issues with fixing reps and he is fun to talk to.

179 grand street (enter the indoor mall he is in the back on the right before the massage parlor)....its safe and he is open til 8PM.

you may have to source your own parts as the asian movements are not items he stocks parts for (he may have it anyway)....his prices seem to be quite good too.

Phone: 212-334-3734

Cell: 646-894-6526