When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Repairing Breitling..suggestions please

vindaloo

Hi, could anyone suggest where I could get my Navitimer Serie Special 'repaired'. There's 2 problems and although ideally I'd like both problems sorted, I could just about live with one. The first problem should be very simple. One of the chrono hands (6 o'clock) has come off. The other problem really bugs me but I'm not sure as to the cost/viability. The large chrono hand doesn't reset properly and is approximately 1mm to the right of 12 o'clock. Finally, there is a speck of dust on the dial that bugs me but I'm sure it would be blown out when the movement is out. I'm in the UK by the way and the watch was purchased from Andrew approx 15 months ago. Sorry for the bad piccies

Dropped off hand

P1020373.jpg

Chrono hand after reset

P1020378.jpg

No biggie, I moved this to "watch repair and upgrade".

You might want to try TomHighway. He's in the UK and has a thread "Watch repair and Service" in his section.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=207

I have that exact same watch (same color too) and just had it apart 2 days ago. The repairs are relatively easy, but it depends on your skill level and tools. You'd have to pull the watch apart and re-install the hands (and clean it up while it's apart). The chrono hand is a problem on these watches. I've usually seen a dab of glue applied to keep it from slipping. While it's apart you could have the hands re-lumed (if you care about that kind of thing).