When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 GMT chrono will not reset.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

So I had an A7750 GMT (Chopard MM GMT) that the GMT was hacked up on. The GMT could not be set by the stem and only followed the hour hand.

So I got the bright idea to put my new tools to use... Opened it up, took off all the hands, removed the dial, used some reference pics to see how the GMT gear was situated and played with it awhile.

After a little while, I got it to the point that the GMT gear would engage and it seemed all was well with the world. Of course I tested the GMT before putting the dial and hands back on.

Got it all back together (even put it back in the case) and the GMT works like a charm...

But now the chrono will not reset. You push the top button and it starts the chrono. You push it again and it stops. You push the bottom button and it starts again. NO RESET.

It was my understanding that the actual chrono mechanism was for the most part on the rear of the movement and I never did anything but look at it when putting it in to the movement holder. I have pulled up some reference pics and all seems to be in order.

NOW, I know that a movement like this is best left to the pro's. But the fact is I want to play with this... Any suggestions where one might find some tear down instructions for the A7750. OR have any idea where I might look to see this specific issue.

Thanks,

T