When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blancpain Tourbillon

Tourbi

Can't be done because the ST80 movement has been manufactured as a mirror image of the original, meaning everything is oriental backwards. I explained in a post here.

If anyone is interested in the history of the chinese tourbillon movements here is the wiki.

Can't be done because the ST90 movement has been manufactured as a mirror image of the original, meaning everything is oriental backwards. I explained in a post here.

If anyone is interested in the history of the chinese tourbillon movements here is the wiki.

The shown image is a rep... was on a japanese site approx. 5 years ago...

The shown image is a rep... was on a japanese site approx. 5 years ago...

Well, bless my soul! :o That's the first indication that someone maybe was able to do it. Have never seen an asian one offered with the tourbillon escapement at 12. Are you sure that they didn't use a picture of a real one to represent the rep?

Well, bless my soul! :o That's the first indication that someone maybe was able to do it. Have never seen an asian one offered with the tourbillon escapement at 12. Are you sure that they didn't use a picture of a real one to represent the rep?

hence my post...

@Tourbi:

Mind pointing out the significant flaws compared to these pictures of the genuine Blancpain Lemans Tourbillon you think are on the dial, because I can't find any comparing it to the gen? Take a real close look at the tourbillon escapement cage showing in your picture, it is not an ST80 or made by any other chinese tourbillon manufacturer. I can tell by the large center gear wheel which is as large as the balance spring gear and the large escapement & pinion wheel. None of these are common to the asian carousel tourbillons but are a defining mark of the genuine Blancpain carousel tourbillon. I say that is a picture of a genuine you've got there.

@Slay:

Saying you've seen a rep. like that before and showing me where you've seen it before on the net are two different things.....................try researching if you can find it; as nothing would make me happier if an accurate Blancpain Tourbi rep. was really available. I claim it isn't and never was but I'd liked to be proven wrong.

No, you got me wrong. I never said I saw a BP rep. I said I saw this movement in a different watch (like the one on the picture in the first post) with Tourby @12 and crown on the right!

I dont know where though, its been some time since then!

Blancpain reps are so rare they are almost non-existent. You have to jump through hoops and wait and wait and hope and pray and wait some more and maybe you can find one somewhere. I waited more than a year for my Blancpain replica... and even then it is nothing even remotely close to the magnificence of the genuine tourbillon you suggested.

No, you got me wrong. I never said I saw a BP rep. I said I saw this movement in a different watch (like the one on the picture in the first post) with Tourby @12 and crown on the right!

I dont know where though, its been some time since then!

Okay slay, sorry for the misunderstanding. I had my jeweler/watchsmith put new hands on the my skeleton Asian carousel tourbi couple of years ago, he said that you couldn't just switch the winding stem to the opposite side, it would be the same as disassembling a right hand drive car engineered for just that purpose and trying to reassemble a left hand drive car out of it. Some of the parts just aren't going to be easily retrofitted backwards.

@Tourbi:

Mind pointing out the significant flaws compared to these pictures of the genuine Blancpain Lemans Tourbillon you think are on the dial, because I can't find any comparing it to the gen? Take a real close look at the tourbillon escapement cage showing in your picture, it is not an ST80 or made by any other chinese tourbillon manufacturer. I can tell by the large center gear wheel which is as large as the balance spring gear and the large escapement & pinion wheel. None of these are common to the asian carousel tourbillons but are a defining mark of the genuine Blancpain carousel tourbillon. I say that is a picture of a genuine you've got there.

hmmm, could be that you are right. I compared my pic once with another Blancpain tourbillon, and there were flaws. But with your pic - I think you are right. hmmm... but I still hope, that someone could do a Blancpain rep with the rep. tourbillon movement.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it.