When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gold 45mm Planet Ocean

doc savage

DSC01210.jpg

I finally got a gold watch, and it's quite striking. It didn't seem like a good idea to get this on a bracelet; someone on RG bought it and they said the gold was rubbing off where the links contact each other. Plus the rep factory decided to use the clasp with 007 markings. This one isn't quite free from mistakes--the clasp is marked "stainless steel" but at least that's on the inside.

DSC01213.jpgDSC01215.jpg

Of course I had to replace the rep strap right away--this Breitling style strap from Hadley Roma was the best thing I could find locally, the hole for the tang is really not that noticeable in person. The gen strap is over $300: ome98000008.jpg

It's kind of unique (extra long clasp side, no tang hole) so I'm having trouble finding a substitute.

Since this is based on the Asian PO Big Size there are a few extra variances from the gen: datewheel position, pearl, He valve position, lug width, and crystal shape. It does have decent rep AR and a flatter Omega logo than the UPO.

DSC01219.jpg

Overall I am pretty happy with the watch, it has a really strong wrist presence and gets tons of attention.

The PO in rose gold on a strap is the right choice and upgrading to the Hadley Roma strap is a great move.... Enjoy your watch it is a beauty. I have considering that watch. For me it is between that and the Omega rose gold anniversary Speedmaster Broad Arrow. Both nice .. and a tough choice. Again, congrats and enjoy your Rose gold PO ... it is a real looker. Cheers