When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Impressions: King Tag Carrea Racing Chrono

topgun

The watch took about 5 days to arrive. King is a good dealer to do business with; I will definitely order from her again. The shipping was free; that in itself saves about $25 to $30 USD.

Anyway here it goes:

The watch arrived in a brown package and inside there was a styrofoam rectangular box with an upper and lower half sealed with a tan plastic tape. When the tape was removed and the two halves of the box separated, the watch was inside a zip-lock bag and that was wrapped in bubble wrap. I was impressed by the packaging as I never received anything packaged like this from from the other approved dealers on the board.

The watch was flawlessly polished. I can't detect any defects on the dial front, or back. Its exquisite for a rep.

The black rubber strap is a little stiff in comparison to the gen I tried on at Macy's, but its not that bad.

I don't know what to say about the date font. Maybe someone on the board can tell me if has the right date font or not when I send in some pics.

All of the chrono functions work. The start-stop pushbutton is a little stiff when operating, but it works. The reset pushbutton works well also. The red chrono hands line up perfectly when reset.

I can't see any irregularities in the major or minor graduations, or the numbers on the sub-dials and main dial. The dial detail and engraving on the back is remarkable.

I'm sure when I send some pics, a few things will be pointed out by better trained eyes.

I hope the sapphire crystal lives up to its reputation for being scratch resistant because I'm not accustomed to having a large dial on my wrist; I already rubbed up against a shopping cart, and other things in the super market this evening.

All-in-all, I'm very satisfied, and I can be very picky when it comes to detail, no matter what it is.

Pics to follow.