When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing Bezel / Fixing 12 hour marker on YM?

JHM

Hi,

My 12 hour marker felt off in me yachtie. I've only worn the watch a several times but purchased it a few years ago.

Now I wan't to make the watch, but the bezel doesn't pop of like my omega seamaster.

How do I fix this, can I pop the bezel and remove the glas or do I have to remove the movement?

Thank you.

Hi,

My 12 hour marker felt off in me yachtie. I've only worn the watch a several times but purchased it a few years ago.

Now I wan't to make the watch, but the bezel doesn't pop of like my omega seamaster.

How do I fix this, can I pop the bezel and remove the glas or do I have to remove the movement?

Thank you.

Same thing happened to my YM. I just fixed it. Here's what I did:

1. Open the back using any of the instruments often featured here in this forum. Remove the crown. Lots of instructions here on how to do that.

2. Mine has an ETA, so I had to take out the two screws and clamp. Be careful, those screws are really, really small and on my mine, one of the screws actually fell into the watch. :o More on how I got it out later. If you have an Asian, I heard they just fall off.

3. Once the screws are off, turn the watch upside down and the movement should just fall off nicely on your palm.

4. Other members here recommends nail polish but since I didn't have any, I took a very, very small mixture of epoxy (the ones with 5 minute setting) and using only the TIP OF A NEEDLE, I applied a very, very small amount of glue to the middle of the marker.

5. Use a tweezer and carefully place the marker back on the dial. Make sure the position is correct.

6. Some members recommend covering the movement in an upside down wine glass for 24 hours to let the glue properly set, but I only waited one hour.

7. After one hour, I shook the watch gently, rotating it in my palm every few shakes and....voila the screw fell out. Make sure you have a bowl or plate underneath the watch to catch the screw when it falls into the bowl. Try not to let it fall on the floor or carpet. They're really, really small and you'll have a real hard time finding it if it goes on the floor or carpet.

8. Put the movement back onto the case. Make sure the position is correct.

9. Screw the clamps back on and put the crown back in. Don't push it hard or you'll be in a world of hurt if it broke. Gently rotate and insert. It'll go in.

10. Replace the case back and you are DONE!! :)

I'm a newbie and this was not a hard task to do.

Same thing happened to my YM. I just fixed it. Here's what I did:

1. Open the back using any of the instruments often featured here in this forum. Remove the crown. Lots of instructions here on how to do that.

2. Mine has an ETA, so I had to take out the two screws and clamp. Be careful, those screws are really, really small and on my mine, one of the screws actually fell into the watch. :o More on how I got it out later. If you have an Asian, I heard they just fall off.

3. Once the screws are off, turn the watch upside down and the movement should just fall off nicely on your palm.

4. Other members here recommends nail polish but since I didn't have any, I took a very, very small mixture of epoxy (the ones with 5 minute setting) and using only the TIP OF A NEEDLE, I applied a very, very small amount of glue to the middle of the marker.

5. Use a tweezer and carefully place the marker back on the dial. Make sure the position is correct.

6. Some members recommend covering the movement in an upside down wine glass for 24 hours to let the glue properly set, but I only waited one hour.

7. After one hour, I shook the watch gently, rotating it in my palm every few shakes and....voila the screw fell out. Make sure you have a bowl or plate underneath the watch to catch the screw when it falls into the bowl. Try not to let it fall on the floor or carpet. They're really, really small and you'll have a real hard time finding it if it goes on the floor or carpet.

8. Put the movement back onto the case. Make sure the position is correct.

9. Screw the clamps back on and put the crown back in. Don't push it hard or you'll be in a world of hurt if it broke. Gently rotate and insert. It'll go in.

10. Replace the case back and you are DONE!! :)

I'm a newbie and this was not a hard task to do.

Thank you very much for this info.