When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone who uses SD memory...Great deal

mjmurphy926

:D Got their e-mail today and ordered it. What a deal! My Nikon D80 will fly!

I shoot Canon which only take CF so this deal is of no use to me, but I use an 8gb extreme III CF card to shoot MLS games for an online soccer magazine. I use a 40D which shoots 6.5 fps and I shoot in L jpg mode during these games and the Extreme III cards are plenty fast. I usually shoot between 1500 and 2000 shots per game.

A couple of my shots from Rapids vs Dynamo 6/21/08:

IMG_9225_062108_Hou_Mm.jpg

IMG_9418_062108_Hou_Mm.jpg

My boy, Tom McManus. He's a little miffed after his goal is disallowed because of a [censored] poor offside call.

IMG_9292_062108_Hou_Mm.jpg

I forgot to add, I'm the "official" photographer for our girls' soccer games. I use a 80-200 2.8 zoom, but my pics don't look like yours!

I'll post a couple when I get home. (If I don't forget.)

I was set to sell my D80 and get the D300, but I've read some troubling things about excessive noise in the shadows

I forgot to add, I'm the "official" photographer for our girls' soccer games. I use a 80-200 2.8 zoom, but my pics don't look like yours!

I'll post a couple when I get home. (If I don't forget.)

Please do.

Speaking of girls soccer, I was lucky enough to cover the US womans national team in their second to last warm up game before the Olympics. They played Brazil here in Denver at [censored]'s Sporting Goods Park. It was the last game before Abby Wambach broke her leg putting her out of the Olympics. Also dropping the American's from almost certain medal contention to...well, who knows what?

IMG_0685_071308_US_vs_BRZ_Mm.jpg

Amy Rodriguez celebrates after scoring the game winner:

IMG_0401_071308_US_vs_BRZ_Mm.jpg

I was set to sell my D80 and get the D300, but I've read some troubling things about excessive noise in the shadows