When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

8/8/08 ..... Luckiest day of the Millenium

lanikai

Today would be the day to "Bet the Farm" if your Chinese ..... or believe... :D

The number 8 in the Chinese Culture is the most celebrated number... as other Asian Cultures have 3's .. the Chinese have 8's

so Today is the "Day" .. of this numeric anomaly !!!

Olympic Organizers choose to kick today's Summer Games off on Aug. 8 ... at 8:08 pm no less~

it is reported that in Cantonese "baat"... sounds like the word "faat" ... the word for prosperity.. like Buddha's stomach..

In Hawaii Downtown Business are all over this number today... small fact that "Downtown" is the original "Chinatown" back in the day of the first merchants in Hawaii that were not Missionaries..

It is reported that even Vegas is preparing for the rush from The Chinese Americans from Cali and beyond...

You see 88888888's abound in the dealers sites.. now you know why...

I read in the paper this morning while eating at a Chinese Restaurant (for luck) .. that in Cali a couple in Orange County .. had planned their wedding.. their theme was interlocking 8's .. of course 8 or them.. and guests filled their wedding envelopes with $888..... 4 groomsmen and 4 brides maids.. the reception to start at 8:00

So if your going to lay any bets today .. you may want to wait until 8:08 pm B) .. or go crazy betting anything with 8's ... all you have to do is "believe" :1a:

I just watched the opening ceremonies... simply awesome 888 ;)

This year has more Local athletes from Hawaii than ever before.. Brian Clay is a great "person" .. at the gym he is very humble and friendly.... Politics aside .. I hope this will be an Olympic's that is free from Political contraversy..

USA !!!!!

I bought 8 $1.00 lottery tickets for a total of $8.00 at exactly 8 minutes to 8:00 this morning. The time was just a fluke as I was on my way to work. The drawing is tommorrow. If I win a free watch to all platinum members!!! Wish me luck.

Fluke or Fate ??