When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO silix or trusty ?

docdoc

The best buy is a UPO. The UPO that silix offers is a bit different than the other dealers. You should read By-Tor's review about the Omega UPO, great review. Then contact some dealers and just ask what you're looking for. They'll help you...

Trusty's UPO is by far the better watch, and it will accept gen parts. The Silix version has inferior He valve, crown, pearl, insert, bezel, datewheel, dial, lume, and movement. There is a reason why it is cheaper ;)

I have both btw.

What about the one from puretime with the swiss movement. I know I start being annoying.

Edited by docdoc

In fact I read there was only 2 factories making the UPO. The one with the "funny feet" logo and the one with the accurate dial (from silix) which has also its problems. Is it true? Does it mean that if I see a model with "funny feet" there is 95% of chances that it is the same model from one dealer to another?

What about the one from puretime with the swiss movement. I know I start being annoying.

i thought the odds of getting a genuine swiss ETA movement in these is slim. Does anyone know if there is a definitive way to tell the fake ETA movement from the real ones. Maybe all us UPO owners (aspiring owners) should chip down $5-10 and have someone with expert watch skills buy an real ETA movmt and compair it to whats found in some of these so called swiss MVMT UPO's

The PureTime version is the same as Trusty's and everybody else's UPO. Silix's is the inferior version. As for the movement, who can tell these days, but I'm pretty sure the UPOs have been ETA's for the most part.

thanks for the infos. I thought also that there might be no need for that so callled swiss movement. If it costs you 250$ to service it you turn back to the same point that all the other reps > buy a new one and save 250$ servicing :D