When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cyclops on Pam 252

mwee

I have finally decided that I will be getting the Pam 252 GMT. Have resisted for a long time but finally caved in, the watch is beautiful! However, need to ask the Pam experts on their opinions. The cyclops on it, can it be removed or swapped with a Chieftang cyclop? I have just bought a V 1:1 CG from a member here and would also get a Lello DW. So the cyclop issue is one I need advice, do i change it or is the one that comes with the watch a good cyclop? Would also getting a gen or Palp crown help?

Would appreciate all advice on this.

Thanks!

Mark

I have finally decided that I will be getting the Pam 252 GMT. Have resisted for a long time but finally caved in, the watch is beautiful! However, need to ask the Pam experts on their opinions. The cyclops on it, can it be removed or swapped with a Chieftang cyclop? I have just bought a V 1:1 CG from a member here and would also get a Lello DW. So the cyclop issue is one I need advice, do i change it or is the one that comes with the watch a good cyclop? Would also getting a gen or Palp crown help?

Would appreciate all advice on this.

Thanks!

Mark

Hi Mark,

If it is the ultimate version, the cyclop on your 252 is very high chance a sandwiched cyclop meaning that it can't be removed and swap the chieftang cyclop. Only the older pam like PAM29,63 24 are the models in which the cyclop are able to be removed. Having said that, some of these models also comes with sandwiched cyclop as they are produced by different rep factories. I suggest you post a pic here so that our experts here can help you. Another alternative is, you may like to check out with DSN's for his crystal without the cyclop.

As for lello's datewheel, I think this were sold out for a while. I heard from other member that he may have another production run but will suggest you PM him. There are 2 type of DW for A7750. For you case, ask him for the DW at 3 o'clock position not the one at 4 o'clock which is used on daylight.

As for the crown, The rep crown thickness is quite good already. If you are really after a gen crown, be sure you go for the auto crown or else you could be buying a good thick crown but for handwhind movt.

Here's an example of lello's datewheel and with the rep cyclop (removable type). I think I shall leave it alone since the lello's date font looks bold with the mag power. The rep crown also looks correct and thick.

Hope this help ^_^

2697934035_839e075011.jpg

Edited by jitai

Thanks for the advice guys!

I haven't actually bought the watch yet! Will probably order from Chris (Eurotimez). Hope you don't mind Chirs if I borrowed your picture to use.

Can you guys tell me if the cyclops on this can be changed? Also, would DSN's crystal fit the 252 not sourced from him?

Thanks!

post-3199-1218341349_thumb.jpg