When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing bezel on Skyland V1 and V2

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

Ok, so I now have both and want to do a few parts swaps... I have spent no less than two hours trying to figure out how the bezels are attached on the two versions.

I have taped the hell out of them and tryed prying it off. Ive loosened the screws only to find they spin but dont come out...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, so far today I have swapped a bunch of parts and this is what I have.

V1 case with V1 bezel (until I can get it pryed off or have the B engraved)

V2 dial with V1 hands

V2 movement and V1 rotor (the V1 movement DOES NOT have a fine regulator as some have suggested)

V1 case back and case

Here are some things I noticed that may not have been mentioned before. You must swap the movement holders if doing a movement swap. At first I thought I could simply pull the movement and holder as on piece and put them in the other case... NOPE.

Second thing I noticed is that there must be some difference in even the V2's. My V2 does not have an o-ring or even a groove for an 0-ring inside the crown tube. I even checked in the crown to see if there were two in there... nope.

The V1 hands were a PITA to get on the V2 movement. Not sure why??? But the hour hand had to REALLY be pressed on in order to get clearance for the minute hand.

The pushers on the V1 do not use the typical little bars that fall out and get lost when a movement is removed from the case. The pushers are extended inside the case and are all one piece. Made getting the movement back in to the case a little more difficult.

I wanted to swap the tachy ring but the pegs and holes are different, and I didnt want to grind them down and glue them.

I was wondering how difficult it would be for the B in the V1 bezel to be engraved over the etching... Im sure someone with some hand engraving skills could do it... I also do not think that the pearl can be removed from either bezel and swapped. I tried everything I could think of and neither would come off.

I will get some macro pics tomorrow and post them of what I have done so far.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I want to keep the V1 case because the futuristic date of manufacture would [censored] me off more than the bezel...

My V2 definitely does not have an o-ring in the tube, and as I said there isnt even a groove to put one it. I have plenty of o-rings...

Well, so far today I have swapped a bunch of parts and this is what I have.

V1 case with V1 bezel (until I can get it pryed off or have the B engraved)

V2 dial with V1 hands

V2 movement and V1 rotor (the V1 movement DOES NOT have a fine regulator as some have suggested)

V1 case back and case

carlsbadrolex,

You wouldn't happen to want to get rid of the V2 hands you didn't use...would you? I'll be happy to take them off your hands. I'm having a problem with the center sweeping seconds hand on my V1 and it looks like I need to glue the hand's shaft/post to the hand. It would be much easier if I could just replace it.

Anyway, if so...let me know how much you'd want for them...or at least the center second hand. If not...it was worth a try to ask.

Thanks,

-- marcus