When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel insert came off on TT sub. need help

Well Im a newbie to this forum (post on TRC) so be gentle with me please :)

I guess the glue didnt stick too well on my EL TT sub. good thing I have a bezel protector or it might have fell off and got lost.

I have the hypocement to stick it back on, and the tools..

I just have a few questions to ask.

1. should I try to remove the TT bezel or not? I have read it can be done with the bezel on the watch so what is best? I dont want to mark up the TT bezel...

2. I have to remove the old glue from the insert and bezel, what is the best way to do it --hairdryer??

3. does the bzel insert have to be aligned in any way like a gen would? I have never turned the bezel at all so can I just glue it back in and adjust the bezel after by rotating it to have pearl @ 12?

Any help or assistance is truely appreciated.

Thanks

1. should I try to remove the TT bezel or not? I have read it can be done with the bezel on the watch so what is best? I dont want to mark up the TT bezel...

2. I have to remove the old glue from the insert and bezel, what is the best way to do it --hairdryer??

3. does the bzel insert have to be aligned in any way like a gen would? I have never turned the bezel at all so can I just glue it back in and adjust the bezel after by rotating it to have pearl @ 12?

Any help or assistance is truely appreciated.

Thanks

1. There is no need to completely remove the bezel if you are not confident about doing this, although it isn't an overly dificult task to do with care. Not removing the bezel means you have to be VERY careful when placing the cement to stick the insert back - too much or some in the wrong place can stop the bezel rotating.

2. The old glue is easy to remove with some heat and a very small amount of white spirit soaked into a cloth. This also has the benefit of degreasing the bezel for reattaching the insert.

Th best glue to use is two-pack epoxy resin applied sparingly.

Thanks so much for the info/tips.

Im quite sure I can glue it back on with the bezel still attached to the case..

I dont have white spirit / would rubbing alcohol work?

I have the glue so no worries there.

Does it matter how I reglue the bezel as long as it fits in properly? no issue with realignment or anything?

Thanks so much for the info/tips.

Im quite sure I can glue it back on with the bezel still attached to the case..

I dont have white spirit / would rubbing alcohol work?

I have the glue so no worries there.

Does it matter how I reglue the bezel as long as it fits in properly? no issue with realignment or anything?

I use wiping alcohol to clean things so this will be OK for your bezel. I agree that 5 minute 2 part expoxy works best but be careful you dont get any on the case or the crystal.

I use wiping alcohol to clean things so this will be OK for your bezel. I agree that 5 minute 2 part expoxy works best but be careful you dont get any on the case or the crystal.

Thats great.

so no problem with the bezel alignment? I can stick it on anyway then? that is the only thing left to address.

Thanks so much for the help.