When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Fiddy stopped running

hngu7721

I just recieved my Ultimate Fiddy from a very reputable dealer this Monday. It has managed to stop running 2x now and will only start up after i give it shake/tap/flick.

This is my second manual wind (i also have a genuine base logo, PAM000) and i always keep my watches wound, so that eliminates the possibility that the problem is not winding.

I really like the watch and hesistate to send it back due to customs nightmare, but do not think there is another option. Has anyone had any experiences with their Swiss 6497 not running?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Many Asian 6497 show this problem, are you sure it is swiss??

Regards,

Mig/

I just recieved my Ultimate Fiddy from a very reputable dealer this Monday. It has managed to stop running 2x now and will only start up after i give it shake/tap/flick.

This is my second manual wind (i also have a genuine base logo, PAM000) and i always keep my watches wound, so that eliminates the possibility that the problem is not winding.

I really like the watch and hesistate to send it back due to customs nightmare, but do not think there is another option. Has anyone had any experiences with their Swiss 6497 not running?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Does it run fine with the crown guard lever in the open position?

Quite possible that the stem is too long, and causing the movement to bind when the lever is closed. If that's the case, it should be a simple matter of trimming down the stem just ever so slightly. I've seen a few with this symptom...

Edited by ubiquitous