When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White SA colour problems?

ChronoKing

Hi guys, I am a Super Avenger fanatic and was quite excited about this new release. The long story short is that I think I might have received an incorrect early run colour. The colour is extremely similar to my SOSF white (silvery champagn mixed with white).

From the pics that have been posted by other members, it is hard to tell if the images have been adjusted to look "pure" white in colour. From my Franken SA, I have a gen white dial from 2004. It is pure white with silver subdials- very different than what I received from Angus.

Comments?

The gen,which i have,has a cream like appearance at certain lighting angles and is not a milk white,do you have pics of this rep you have?...

Dave,

Thanks for the reply, you're the SA master! I will try and post a pic in a few hours showing what I mean. Unless they changed the colours of the white dials, my rep is off.....

Your rep will be the same as all white dial reps,and while very white at certain lighting,a cream shade is present at others,not like the SFSO though,thats not white at all.

This is why I am concerned, it is almost bang on to my SFSO ^_^ pics to follow....

Edited by ChronoKing

At first they based the white dial rep to the SFSO as stupid as that was.

For what its worth,Angus asked me to send him close up pics of my gen to give to the maker,i did,and then he said they had f'ed up the rep,now its delayed while they redo the white dial....

I can't see them shipping one of those f'ed up ones out though,if they really had made them.....

Depends on lighting with the newer dial (larger wings logo then your 2004)....

Here is one pic that shows the off white color on the dial,but a pure white rehaut....

P7170147.JPG

Here again,before the diamond bezel.....

P3140077.JPG

But here during the same photo taking (I had corrected the date),a pure white.....

P3150071.JPG

I think yours looks normal,myself....for a rep....the colors shade differs in the lighting situation....

Edited by Dave123

watches007lq9.th.jpg

Here's another comparison. I can't seem to capture the difference on camera, but it's significant. It has the same creamy colour as the SOSF. It's evident in direct light, and obvious in normal to low light. Anyone who has seen this colour in real life will be able to understand.

Edited by ChronoKing

Now you are getting too trivial for a canuck with a box of kool aids in him,*edit*....you edited your post,thanks...LOL...... ;)

Two things i can say,you can't compare your gen dial to your rep,as the rep was not created based on that gen dial you have,the newer gen dial its based on is different.

The other thing is that based on pics i have seen of the rep dials thus far,you have the same one,not a different one.

Edited by Dave123

Now you are getting too trivial for a canuck with a box of kool aids in him,*edit*....you edited your post,thanks...LOL...... ;)

Two things i can say,you can't compare your gen dial to your rep,as the rep was not created based on that gen dial you have,the newer gen dial its based on is different.

The other thing is that based on pics i have seen of the rep dials thus far,you have the same one,not a different one.

Ha, from one canuck to another, we know how to enjoy our kool aids!

I've e-mailed Angus to see what he has to say about this and my gmtIIc that sounds like it has ball bearings in it :(

I'm really thinking my SA snuck out of that first trial run.

Well,you can always send it back if you are unhappy with it,though i think the same one will come back a couple months from now..... :p

I thought Andrew and myself were the only members from Canuckistan here on this forum,good to know we taking over yet another one!.... ;)

You could always grab a black dial though.....nice rep.... B)

P8110182.JPG

P8110157.JPG

Note the color difference when it comes to lighting as well.... ;)

Edited by Dave123