When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOSF White Aisan 21J SS "second" hand pauses and/or stops

mikespine

This is an SOSF White Aisan 21J SS (automatic) in which the "second hand", pauses for 1-second on the 19th second (just before the 5th-hour lume), then continues to complete its revolution and/or stops completely until I shake, tap or reset the time.

It usually will not stop if: the white face is facing you and the crown is pointed to the ground.(Im not totally sure what is the "crown", but I am refering to the little [censored] that adjusts the time and date).

But for the most part it will stop in any other position.

Ruby says send it back if I want.

I live in the North Carolina-United States. Just got the band sized...man, it really does look good. I was a little nervous not knowing if they would realize it is a replica and not fix it. It is difficult to find somebody that even knows how to size the Breitling band at these independent jewelers.

Does anybody have anybody that could help me fix this problem local in North Carolina-United States or anywhere? Should I upgrade the movement? Im looking for a cost-effective approach vs. sending it to China.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks-Mike

This is an SOSF White Aisan 21J SS (automatic) in which the "second hand", pauses for 1-second on the 19th second (just before the 5th-hour lume), then continues to complete its revolution and/or stops completely until I shake, tap or reset the time.

But for the most part it will stop in any other position.

Ruby says send it back if I want.

Does anybody have anybody that could help me fix this problem local in North Carolina-United States or anywhere? Should I upgrade the movement? Im looking for a cost-effective approach vs. sending it to China.

Many have had great experience with the Asian 21J movements...having them last for years unserviced without problems. Me, I've had lots of problems with them: slipping datewheels, stopped movements, slipped keyless works, etc.

If you can do the movement change yourself, it's the most economical as a new DG2813 movement (slow beat unfortunately, but not too noticeable, and it lacks the hack) is about $12, and has a very good reputation (and generally takes the datewheels for some of the Asian movements, or even better, you can just glue the date overlay from the existing watch onto the new movement).

To have someone do the movement swap will likely cost you $50...which puts you to the cost of shipping it back to China (probably $20 USD or so). Mind you, there are risks to shipping things back to China (I would wait until after the Olympics).

Good luck.

Many have had great experience with the Asian 21J movements...having them last for years unserviced without problems. Me, I've had lots of problems with them: slipping datewheels, stopped movements, slipped keyless works, etc.

If you can do the movement change yourself, it's the most economical as a new DG2813 movement (slow beat unfortunately, but not too noticeable, and it lacks the hack) is about $12, and has a very good reputation (and generally takes the datewheels for some of the Asian movements, or even better, you can just glue the date overlay from the existing watch onto the new movement).

To have someone do the movement swap will likely cost you $50...which puts you to the cost of shipping it back to China (probably $20 USD or so). Mind you, there are risks to shipping things back to China (I would wait until after the Olympics).

Good luck.

Thanks again for your valuable input.

I have decided to send it back to Ruby.

Ruby: "\ just return the watch to me. it is not me fix your watch, the factory will deal with it. i just promises, i will make sure it works well."

I had my wife mail the watch back to China. She mailed it "Airmail/Priority, insured." When she mailed it...the United States Postal Service person told her they can not get a tracking number or offer delivery confirmation.

How do most mail their return from the United States or elsewhere?

How do most mail their return from the United States or elsewhere?

I've always returned exactly like you did Airmail...no tracking. I've shipped with tracking but that's like 3x the price...not worth it. It's a slow process...expect 2 months. 3-4 weeks for the return...1-2 weeks for the repair...and then the return shipping will likely not be done by EMS but the slow route...so 2-4 weeks for that.