When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest DSN Encounter

siesta181

Just want to relate my latest encounter with DSN.

Items ordered

1. Sapphire Crystal for PAM 127 (Mine exploded abt 6 months back)

2. 113 hands sets

3. 111 dial and hands set.

4. PAM 127 dial and hands set (Old dial scratched and then totaled by my less than competent luming skills)

Items 1,2,3 arrived yesterday. Item 4 arrived about 2 months earlier.

Today, went to the friendly neighbourhood doc and got an excuse chit from work. Stomach not handlling foreign food too well ;) (things I do for this hobby). Went to the post office collected the parcel and was looking forward to a day's work "upgrading" my PAMs.

Opened parcel..... 01x minute hand missing. Emailed DSN. No problem, was thinking of getting it lumed professionally anyway. no issues there.

Edit: Latest update, DSN sent a set of lumed 111 hands FOC as replacement for missing minute hand. Great guy.

1. Sapphire Crystal. Set within the hour. looks great. Good start.

2. Assembled the PAM 127 parts. Upgraded cannon pin. Dial on movement, Seconds hand fixed, hour hand fixed, mintes hand fixed. Rodicoed prints on dial and crystal and the disaster begins...... Bloody dial too big for my PAM case. I mean WTF. WTF am I supposed to do. Long story short - dug up an old dial, less than perfect old dial, and transplanted the hands to the old dial. What was supposed to be a 30min job took the better half of the day. thankfully no such problems faced with the 111 and 113

So forewarning to members - DSN's hands and Sapphire crystal are 99%. be careful with his 127 dials.

Cheers

SIesta181