When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

southcoast68's vintages

southcoast68

Hi all

Got some free time during tropical storm Fay's visit to Florida, so I got out the camera and took some pics. These are the vintage watches of the fleet, enjoy.

1. Stainlees Steel Rolex franken-Just - I built this one a while back using a case set obtained from a NAWCC show, a dial from the 'Bay, and movement and hands from a rep turn-o-graph. I liked the red date numbers so I left them even though they would be incorrect, and they all line up perfectly. I had to sand down a nylon movement spacer ring from Borel to get the movement to fit the case (PITA!!). Came out pretty good and keeps great time. Pictured with a rep Jubilee bracelet.

SS1.jpg

SS2.jpg

2. Two Tone Rolex franken-Just - I built this one at about the same time as its brother using a case set from member roling on the 'Bay and a dial from the 'Bay, with aftermarket Tudor gold hands, a date wheel overlay from Cubic-Works, and a movement from another Omega rep that had problems. Pictured here with a rep Jubilee bracelet.

TT2.jpg

TT1.jpg

3. Rolex Comex Sea-Dweller - Got this one from a now defunked vendor at RWI. The case and bezel are really too thin, but I love the dial and how smooth it runs. This one is still available from many of our current vendors.

Comex1.jpg

Comex2.jpg

4. Rolex Double Red Sea Dweller - Got this one used too, its an MBK case with an ETA movement. Its also totally un-modified.

DRSD1.jpg

DRSD2.jpg

5. Rolex GMT Master - The only gen Rolex I have now, I bought it about 14 or 15 years ago, it has a rather unusual dial (smaller hour markers) and pointed crown guards case. This is the one that stars in my signature.

GMT1.jpg

GMT2.jpg

6. Rolex Explorer II Orange hand - Got this one from the same vendor I got the Comex from. It is a real looker and has a nice wrist presence.

Exp1.jpg

Exp2.jpg

7. Rolex Day-Date experimental - Originally a cheap asian rep, I wanted to see if I could do a vintage Day-Date by installing a gen pie-pan dial and a tall plastic crystal. It is still a work in progress.

DD1.jpg

DD2.jpg

8. Rolex Red Submariner 1680 - Got it from another RWG member a little while ago, its a nicely modded and aged piece that runs perfectly.

16801.jpg

16802.jpg

9. Rolex Submariner 5513 - Obtained through Silix, this one has been an excersise in case modding for me as well as a little aging work. I think it came out pretty good.

3691.jpg

3692.jpg

Thats the vintage peices I have right now. Whats next?? Don't quite know, but I'd like to build a Tudor Submariner sometime soon and at some point, I'd like to shoot for the stars and build a franken-tona 'a-la El Primero. Thanks for watching.

Cheers B)