When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To all Panerai lovers - Need Advice!

P8B

Hi All,

Ive been wanting to pick up a 112 for a quite a while now... Below is a link from Silix prime..

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1526

Can i please :please: ask for your views on this one (pix attached as well)

Also can some1 please explain chinese manual movement?? (Completle noob here in movements trying HARD to learn)

Thanks all!!!

post-14566-1219401492_thumb.jpg

post-14566-1219401506_thumb.jpg

post-14566-1219401525_thumb.jpg

post-14566-1219401537_thumb.jpg

I will try my best to help.

First, the 112 in the pictures has all the common flaws in all base and marina pam reps.

1.) Recessed cannon pin (the middle sunken hole you see on the hour and minute hand where it should be flushed on the gen)

2.) Incorrect "L swiss made L" spacing is too wide and font is bigger

3.) Movt should have a "dagger" shape regulator not a needle head

4.) Swan neck is missing from the movt

5.) The OP blue text should be engraved not sticker like the one shown inside the pics

6.) Crown is a little thin (You can solve this using t's crown)

7.) Crown guard lever pin is not flushed (V's crown is recommended)

By the way, the chinese movt are quite good these days.

To get the above correct mean you have to invest more to mod it. But if you are after a daily beater or something nice or just close to the gen, this is a good entry level pam to start with as the price is considerably affordable.

Hope this helps

Edited by jitai

I will try my best to help.

Hope this helps

@ jitai - Thanks mate, really helps!! any recommendations on where i can get a slightly better one.. BTW u hit the nail on the head with the price bit.. i dont want to pick up something very expensive!!

P8B, you'd better brake your enthusiasm and start reading, or you may end up with wasting your money.

The 1st watch you linked in your latest post has exactly the same recessed pin, and needle and non-swan-neck regulator that jitai warned you about. Did you make a search about these issues?

The 2nd watch... logo models and PVD models have their special issues... better searching about them too.

I am not suggesting that price is not fair for those watches. It actually is.

Just, you may lately discover that those were not the watches you actually wanted, if you jump on them with no preparation and without even listening at the hints you asked for.