When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vertu Ascent Rep PC Sync solution!

straight_six

After a long long long research I have managed to trace a PC sync solution for our new phones. Nokia PC suite will not work. This set is based around MTKs MT6227 chipset and there IS a Mediatek software that works!

There are some limitations though, as the last software version is from 2004 and those are:

- software supports outlook, lotus notes and outlook express sync with 13 character name limitation & only ONE phone number (phone on the other hand supoorts multiple numbers and longer names, but those can't be synced), so you should create a new phbook file just for this sync

- there is a usb driver for the chipset, but i couldn't manage to get it work, so I used bluetooth connection from my pc with a virtual com port that software happily recognizes

- software can be run directly from folder without installation as it has problem installing without above mentioned usb driver working

- it has some other cute features that i didn't play with as i had enough already

Now, if someone has a rapidshare or similar account let me know and I will gladly share this with everybody

Regards,

Dean

There is an update for this software... It seems that this firmware is very robust. 80% of all chinese phone uses this one (including copy N95, N82, 6300, iPhone copy, etc.).

There is, it's called a VK618 PC Sync Manager build 7, but i can't find it. Although that one also supports only 13 char name and one phone #

Dean

I see... then it's no point upgrading. I would say that this Vertu is not going to be my main phone. I am spoilt with the robustness of Series 60 Symbian.

However, again, syncing number is very important. So far I think this is the best solution (downloading the Mediatek MTK PC Suite).

Now I am trying out MTK Tool and see how it will work.

I see... then it's no point upgrading. I would say that this Vertu is not going to be my main phone. I am spoilt with the robustness of Series 60 Symbian.

However, again, syncing number is very important. So far I think this is the best solution (downloading the Mediatek MTK PC Suite).

Now I am trying out MTK Tool and see how it will work.

Just downloading version 2.1.4 ?! of the MTK Phone SUITE...will report back

Dean

Glad to know... I will try the USB upon receiving the phone. To date... No phone :lol:

Waiting is part of the game but having to solve this sync problem, it saves us a lot of time.

PS: Even this phone doesn't have Java installed. You need third party programme. I will not suggest everyone to buy this phone. Leave it as phone... (sms, call, mms, wap surfing) and that's it!

Anyway, can you tell if the crystal is sapphire not plastic?

Glad to know... I will try the USB upon receiving the phone. To date... No phone :lol:

Waiting is part of the game but having to solve this sync problem, it saves us a lot of time.

PS: Even this phone doesn't have Java installed. You need third party programme. I will not suggest everyone to buy this phone. Leave it as phone... (sms, call, mms, wap surfing) and that's it!

Anyway, can you tell if the crystal is sapphire not plastic?

It's plastic. High gloss. Also, tighten all the screws upon receiving...

Dean

have to be careful not to get scratched then... Alright. Thanks a lot for the tips.

Again... I don't think this is gonna be my primary phone.

EDIT: I have more than 1000 contacts and it may not even fit this phone :p Nevertheless I will manage to get it running.

have to be careful not to get scratched then... Alright. Thanks a lot for the tips.

Again... I don't think this is gonna be my primary phone.

EDIT: I have more than 1000 contacts and it may not even fit this phone :p Nevertheless I will manage to get it running.

Yeah, every good phonebook deserves cleaning once in a while :), ask me how I know...

My primary is HTC TyTN2 - can't match the style of Vertu rep though

Dean